.

Sunday, June 5, 2022

June 2k19 ... three years ago, three years long


OKAY I am literally very determined to catch up on this blog, yo. I will not let the loss of Google Picasa (RIP) and the ability to make cool collages and have my pictures super handy and easy to organize and file stop me from over documenting my kids' lives when they're young and cute. So... without further ado, enjoy this completely out of order, very lengthy and long-winded mish-mash of pictures from three freaking years ago. Also it will take you three years to read. Let's go.

First day of fifth grade vs. last day of fifth grade for Will. SO cute. And so obedient to my rule about polo shirts and real shorts for those momentous days:

Anne's emails generally made me laugh out loud multiple times, and this final push at the end of the school year was no exception. There's a special smell that exists within the walls of a middle school, and her words accurately depict it.


Our fantastic middle school librarian does journal challenges, and the last prompt of the year was "starfish or Seastar", so I jotted down a list of how similar I am to a starfish:





Caption via instagram: This sweet boy works so so hard to be the best student he can, and his efforts yielded a fantastic award today, which all three of his siblings were on hand to watch him receive 💙💚💜 (neither parent was there, but that’s fine right? 😅). At school Jack loves following the rules, setting a good example, being kind and helping others, and challenging himself to learn and master new skills. At home Jack’s scallywag side reigns supreme 😑ðŸĪŠ but we’ll take this handsome kiddo however we can get him 😘.


Ahhh yes, I remember a time when I had the energy and motivation to do handwritten cards for all of Clyde's middle school teachers... definitely didn't happen this year for anyone!



Sidewalk art from the outgoing 8th graders!

Cute Carma selfies while I was on my girls' trip.



Caption via instagram: Quick throwback Thursday to that one time I accidentally graffitied the wall... on the last day of school... with pink sharpie ðŸ˜ģðŸĪĶðŸŧ‍♀️. I’m honestly surprised I haven’t been fired more in m life 😅

Dramatic shadow selfie:




Last day of school photo op with one of my favorites.

Anne's emails are hilarious, her texts are tearjerking ;).


Will apparently got to pie Mr. Wasson? I asked, he has no recollection of why this occurred but it looks fun!


Carma did some makeup:


Hot date at the DMV ;).


Last day of 1st grade for Jack!!


First day of 1st grade vs. last day of 1st grade. What a stud.

Fan art:

Another pic with a fave. 

Few more from Will's last day of 5th grade:



Text of the thank you card for Will's fifth grade (and his kindergarten!) teacher.

Text of the thank you card for Jack's first grade teacher. We love these two women.




Will and Ms. Keene. She is the best.


Last day of school selfie.







Jack and Miss Overcast!! Ohh Sarah, you are loved.

Ummmm, looks like we went to the orchard?







I'm sure in addition to taking pictures, I also helped. Probably.


Reading and snacking:






Little photo shoot with Carma!



Throwback journal entry from six and a half year old Jana Marie Braden:


Chuck's co-worker posted this... seems pretty accurate ;).

Forced mom and son selfie!


Youth fundraiser for summer scout camp and girls camp - huge yard sale. Fuuuun.


After a quick meeting at the church. I love Chuck.

Love snuggling sweet babies that belong to my friends.




Seemed like a good shirt to wear for Father's Day.

Some Father's Day after church pictures:






Emotional Sunday - two years after being put into the Bishopric, Chuck was released as first counselor. Twelve hour shifts... and night shift... weren't very cohesive with being as involved in that calling as Chuck wanted to be. I'm incredibly proud of how much he put into it and the service he gave.



Random pictures....












Front yard party!

Cute Clyde and Katie:



Discovery Center with Grandpa Braden:





























And of course a stop at the park.

More adventures - the bookstore....









and a movie.....

and paddleboats!








There's a chance we played musical boats a bit and switched kids back and forth ;).





































And a couple hours at the train depot. We love adventures with Grandpa Braden!


Kassie switched shifts at work, breaking up a super awesome team on night shift with Chuck. 












And we'll wrap up with a million more random pictures!! Yayyyy June!


No comments: