.

Monday, June 13, 2022

july 2k19: Peace Camp



'Learning Peace' camp was held in Nampa again this summer, and more of us got involved: Clyde was a 'teen' helper with the Play for Peace group, Will and Jack attended as campers, I volunteered mostly in the kitchen (right?!) and also other areas, and Carma tagged along and also, um, helped. It was a great experience again - tons of cultural and emotional and nature learning!








Carma brought some toys early in the week, but by the end of the first day she was chill with just sneaking in and pretending she was a real camper haha.






Clyde and Katie did awesome volunteering with the Play for Peace group.
 
















Carma loved these dancers and sneaked over to show off her own dance moves haha:






The groups got to cross the street to Lakeview Park and help crews from the city plant some new trees! This was the tree Jack's group helped with.


THIS is why I should blog sooner - this guy was my literal best friend in the kitchen and basically my boss and three years later I can't remember his name! Dang it all. 






So many amazing dance groups came to perform. I was mesmerized. 





I didn't get to sit in on many of the classes, but the kids (same as last year) reported that they were really good - Meditation, Conflict Resolution, Media Awareness, and Nature. 'Learning Peace' camp is a free program that's put together as a collaborative effort by several churches and organizations in the area and I'm so impressed with their work and glad to have been able to help a bit and send my kiddos.


No comments: