.

Saturday, June 25, 2022

august 2k19: all the schooooool stuff


Remember how I got a job? Feelin' official at new hire orientation:



Ahh yes, pictures of "benefit" stuff like "retirement" and "paid leave" so I didn't have to try to summarize it later for Chuck, aka the one who's had a grown-up job with crap like this for a lot longer and understands it all ;).

Elementary school open house! Jack's officially the 'older' kid at Park Ridge, and Carma is just starting there which is obviously insane that all of our kiddos are in school now.




Carma looooved checking out her new classroom and doing all of the little tasks to sign in and find her spot and such.

Jackers and Chuck filling out paperwork in Jack's new 2nd grade classroom:




SO thrilled that all of my boys will have Mr. Eilers as their second grade teacher. (also I feel like this is definitely the last time Jack wore a 49ers shirt. He had been deserting for a while with intentions of following Clyde to the Seahawk fandom, and having Eilers as a teacher sealed the deal). 


Accepting my job to work at EVMS as a safety aide was bittersweet - my co-worker from the previous year, Adrian, had been in pretty rough shape all summer after experiencing a heart attack and he passed away at the beginning of August. In general I eschew the whole "work husband/work wife" thing but I absolutely made an exception for Adrian and I'm so so glad we had those months of working together and laughing. 







Instagram caption: Back to school for me too- I’m working at the middle school as a security aide, which is what I did as a long term sub all last spring. I absolutely love this job, especially now that both Clyde and Will are there for me to helicopter parent in the hallways 😎🚁🥰. The hardest part was starting back without my ‘work husband’ Adrian, who passed away earlier this month. Adrian and I had a crazy instant connection as co-workers and I loved knowing that whatever happened, he always had my back. I love that when I texted him about a fight, his first concern was always if I was okay. Adrian was hilarious and mischievous and genuinely cared about our students and loved his family and golf and the Raiders more than anything, and I’m grateful for the time I had with him 🖤.


First day of school pictures: Clyde, 8th grade, first year to openly defy my "polo shirt on the first day" expectation. So this is when the real teenage rebellion starts, I guess.


Jack, 2nd grade, looking VERY handsome in his polo shirt and plaid shorts haha:

Will, 6th grade, also super handsome in polo shirt and striped shorts. Stripes and stripes always go together, that's what I say.

Carma, kindergarten! What an outfit she put together, amiright? Allll the heart eye emojis!!

We made it through day 1, yayyy!

Quick before school picture of the whole EVMS Izatt gang sometime that first week...





After school pick up.

Photo shoot of Carma June after her first day:







Ohhhh man. The... second?... third? day of school, our district was hacked and we had to go completely offline. It was craziness.


Cute kids.

I love this list of ten ways to build relationships with kids; I work really hard to implement all of these ideas as I interact with students at school, my kids, my kids' friends, nieces and nephews, etc. 

Time to start biking home from school! Every morning Chuck and the truck dropped off these three adorable kiddos and their bikes at the school so they could commute home and it was the best:


                        Middle School open house! 


Map that Will created based on his likes and dislikes and things about him. Love that he dislikes hair gel enough for it to make it on this assignment haha.


Showing Dad his locker:



                

                                    Cute school ID.


            Clyde showing Dad stuff in his math classroom.

So grown up.

Beat the bikers home from school so we sat outside and waited for them to ride up!

This is how Carma supports Clyde at his football games - she's smart.






Cutest little middle school football player I've ever seen! It isn't a school sport until 8th grade and Clyde didn't ever do 'little league' football, so this is his first actual year playing and it's so fun to watch him go all in and get the team mentality and further his love of the game and strategy and all that!



Will chose orchestra as his 6th grade elective, which I have absolutely no experience with or knowledge of... Brother Jensen to the rescue! He lent Will a violin to use and invited us all to his home for dinner and to help Will understand the instrument and how to take care of it. The kids got to go upstairs and see just a small portion of Brother Jensen's incredible collection of instruments, such a neat evening.


No comments: