.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sam's so cool that he has an umbrella named after him!

Happy birthday Sammy!
Sam is one of my FAVORITE brothers - I'd definitely put him in the top three. His absolute hilarity is one of the best things about him; he's really, REALLY funny. He's also very good at making people around him feel at ease, he's a very hard worker (especially this summer!) and he's very smart. I've idolized him since I was little, for these reasons and more. Sam is very wise (is anyone else counting how many times I've used 'very' in this paragraph?) and I seek his advice regularly. I'm delighted that after some rocky teenage years, we're now really close - I love hanging out with him, which isn't possible as much as I'd like, although I DO get to see him (and just as excitingly, Terri!) on Friday when they get here from Portland. And then I get to see them on Saturday too! And then for a little bit on Sunday until they leave! Yay! Now for a couple cute pictures of my brother:

This poor little red polo shirt had to last him from toddler-age through elementary school :(


So, it's late and I'm tired so this post is not as fun and photo-filled as I would like it to be, but the important thing is that I love my brother Sam and I'm glad that he was born 26 years ago.

6 comments:

jayna said...

Samuel Taylor Braden, may I add my own 'Happy Birthday' wishes publicly to this post. You are one of my all time FAVORITE people EVER. You have been since the day I met you, you were probably around 14, and you and Adam had let yourselves into our house on Fort St. while we were gone at church and when we arrived home we found the two of you eating bowls of cereal at our kitchen table. I survived much of Ricks College thanks to you and your laugh-inducing friendship and House Boy status. Have a great year- love ya.

Thanks Jana for doing this shout-out!

Unknown said...

Sam,

I forgive you for wearing my cheerleading uniform in high school.

There I said it.

Now have a happy birthday and come visit us soon!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Hope you're prepared for the draft marathon! ;)
The Dalbeys

Sherry said...

Jana, I love the Birthday tributes you do for family members. Sam is wonderful and we LOVE him so much! He will always be a part of our family. He has helped us out in numerous ways from house sitting to driving our cars on more than one occasion across country. We love his sense of humor - who else would think of hanging a doll in the shower with a noose and writing somewhat obscene words in glow in the dark paint on the bedroom wall (that may still be there in the Ridgecrest house)? What would we do without him? Happy Birthday Sam!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!

Connie and Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Sam:)!