.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Way to stay alive, Mommy!

Today, August 13th, is my mommy's 54th birthday (she was actually born on a Friday the 13th so she thinks it's lucky)! I only have a minute, because we're going to get manicures (yay for the beauty school!) but I just wanted to share one of the biggest reasons I love my mommy so much: Her courage! Last summer she traveled (completely alone) to England and Scotland for three weeks. She saved and saved to finance this trip and she had an amazing time - in this picture she's posing with a "Braveheart" street performer in Scotland. Everywhere she went she took a bear named Clyde Bear and took pictures of him scaling castle walls and sitting in English countrysides to make a book for Clyde about her adventures! My mom was also able to spend time at two temples there - the London Temple and the Preston Temple and she came home with a renewed love of service to the Lord in His holy temples. Since then she's made an amazing commitment to regular (for the most part weekly) temple attendance.

She's also an incredible mom and grandma and our family would be lost without her! Happy birthday Mommy!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Lovely and so true tribute! The girls' day out and birthday party yesterday was such fun.

Gabe & Christy said...

Cute! I love Pam too! Shes a wonderful mother and I quite like all of her wonderful children! The clyde bear book was such a cute idea! Im proud of that adventure she took - how brave! GO PAM!

Jana said...

What a lovely daughter I have!! Thank you sweetie! But hey, that WAS actually Mel Gibson.

Jana said...

So, the above comment was actually from my lovely, technologically impaired mum who doesn't have a blogger/google account of her own :)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Pam!

Jana, I hope my daughters grow up to be just like you. :)

Sherry said...

I'm so glad Pam could do that trip! How fun and really brave of her! She is a wonderful person, mom & grandma :)

Ginger said...

I love Pam too. What a great lady. Happy Birthday!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Hey... found your blog from Christy's. So good to see your cute family!!

jayna said...

She is the matriarch of the nicest, funniest bunch of peeps I know! Happy Birthday Pam!

Holly Cameron said...

So from your post title I was expecting something dramatic to happen in this post. Glad nothing horrible happened to your mama and it was just her birthday :)