.

Thursday, July 18, 2019

June: Church Goings-On


The 'biking to church' thing continued the first couple weeks of June, aka before the heat really set in haha. Clyde continued to tow Carma Junie in the bike trailer, and I learned about the magic of wearing shorts under my dress for added comfort and modesty ;).

Chuck helped Jackers with his talk in primary. Pretty sure I wrote it.

Another Sunday ride to church, this time featuring my very bright red hair! Tricky to see underneath my helmet though. Safety first, yo.

Second annual (?) ward garage sale was a success and sooooo much work. Chuck was in charge, we came back from camping and jumped right into three days of it (one day prep, two actual days of the sale) and we were all pretty tired by the end of it. And kind of in the middle of it, i.e. Clyde asleep in his box fort haha. Also, that classic video recorder! Brought back some memories.

Grace recruited these three boys to sing in primary one day? Clearly don't remember the details, but Clyde's cute.

It's always a little unnerving when you hear that the Cub Scouts are going to work on fire building skills, but I was possibly overly reassured to know that Chuck was in charge of this activity. Then I saw these pictures on Chuck's phone. Good news is Will can start a fire! Bad news is I was not thrilled to see that Chuck continued to snap pictures when Will's kindling exploded haha:

Willy boy and I spent some time at Cub Scout Day Camp! I got to go twice, once as a volunteer and again the next day with our Pack. Will loved the 'CSI: Cub Scout Investigations' theme and solving riddles and puzzles and doing cool activities.

Love me some inspiring screenshots:





Also love me some extra girl time - on this occasion, a guest speaker in Nycole's stake. Really really grateful for inspired and educated people who share their expertise and experiences and inspiration to help others.

The end of June brought Girls' Camp which whisked Chuck away for the week. Here's a picture of the whole Nampa 2nd Ward gang who attended, our stake theme was 'It's a Jungle Out There' and we were the green alligators? crocodiles? who exemplified diligence:

These are pictures Chuck took while at Girls' Camp. Some trees and the delicious food. Obviously I had to check it out for myself - so I hitched a ride with the Merritts and Nelsons and surprised Chuck for the last night of camp!

Obviously I came home with pictures of trees and ... myself:
 We hung out with the girls a bit - and got to help a bit with their song for that evening's pre-dinner gathering. 

Oh, I ran into cute Katie, aka Clyde's best friend who's a girl! 

After dinner the girls all went on a super cool faith walk, while Chuck stayed back to work on dessert: dutch oven cobblers. I stayed behind to watch him in action ;). 

We also got a group picture with all the girls and leaders from our ward! Everyone dresses in white for this evening's dinner and all the Bishopric members and wives are invited to camp. It was a really nice evening, ending with an awesome ward testimony meeting by the fire.

 2nd Ward Bishopric. Can you tell which guy had been camping all week and which guys stayed in a hotel that night haha? 

 The next morning it was time to pack up and head home! I ran in to Katie again, this time with Tessa and Lindsay - which obviously necessitated more pictures, with an attempted photobomb via Edan:

 Chuck showed me around the camp a bit, including this cute bridge. Bridges always remind me of Chuck proposing to me back in the day, so I stole a kiss and made him take some pictures with me. I'm glad he was able to be up there at girls' camp and I'm glad I got to crash the party for the last night and I'm extra glad I got to head home with him. He's my favorite.

No comments: