.

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Everything else in June


Carma's crowning (get it?) accomplishment in June was learning to ride an actual bike, wooo! Chuck had her transition straight from the balance bike to one with pedals - skipping training wheels altogether. I was fairly skeptical, but Carma picked it up sooo fast. She would do like a kick start like she was on her balance bike, and then just start pedaling. Hiiiighly recommend balance bikes, yo.

As is our time-honored tradition, Carma's debut on her bike came at the church parking lot - legit all four of our kids have learned to ride their bikes here. Don't get me started on the fact that next up is teaching all of them to drive cars here. 

Handsome big brothers of the newest bike rider in the family. Does anyone else feel like that picture of Clyde sitting on the curb next to his bike could be like an online dating profile picture? I'll hold on to it and we'll see if he needs it in ten years...

Carma continued practicing her new skill at home - sometimes even with a helmet! (grrrrr) 

Random cheesiness, but I never get tired of this view. I love our house and our trees and our grass and our vehicles and I'm so grateful for all of it.  

ClosetoClassy is one of my fave instagram parenting meme accounts - she reeaaalllllly captures the essence of my children here:

Luckily for them, sometimes they build cute forts to play and sleep in all together.

But also - this is slightly too true. When does school start again??

Speaking of school, my wonderful aunt Deana retired after 37 years teaching at Bishop Kelly! My amazing cousins hosted a fun retirement party that Carma and I were able to attend and pass along our best wishes... and I took a couple quick selfies with my uncle Randy. Carma was quite unsure of the idea that he was Grandpa's brother haha.

And speaking of retiring, my amazing doctor finally did!
My instagram caption: Once upon a time I told Dr. Klomp he couldn’t retire until Chuck and I were done having kids... so glad he agreed (and even gave me four extra years to make sure πŸ˜‰). I’ll mostly save my tears and smaltzy ramblings of gratitude for my ‘one last appointment’ with him next weekπŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍⚕️😭but suffice it to say that this man has been instrumental in five of the most important moments of my life (starting with, you know, when he delivered me 33+ years ago πŸ‘ΆπŸ») and his love and wisdom and strength and kindness and steady hands have meant the world to me over the last 12 years as his patient πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œ

Primary Health hosted a retirement bbq/open house in Dr. Klomp's honor, so Chuck and I made a date night of it. 
Ahhhh Bethany and Maria, aka the best nurses ever! They've been with Dr. Klomp the whole time I've been his patient (okay, Bethany moved away for a short bit and then came back) and I loved seeing them every time I was in the office... and sometimes running into Maria at Walmart since we live pretty close ;).
One last check-up (allll the crying emojis).

Alllll the daylillies for June. We just love them!

And we love them even more when there's a cute Carma Junie in the picture with them!

Father's Day! Instagram caption: With my affinity for minivans🚐 and talent at making pb&jsπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🍳, it’s clear that the mom life chose meπŸ’πŸ»‍♀️... Chuck, however, chose the dad lifeπŸ‘ŸπŸ§¦πŸ§’ and continues to choose it every day and these four πŸ™ŽπŸ»‍♂️πŸ‘¦πŸΌπŸ§’πŸΌπŸ‘§πŸ»don’t even know how good they got it 😎. Also, our day lilies 🀩🀩🀩. Chuck and I possibly photograph them more than our children πŸ˜¬πŸ“ΈπŸ§‘

We gave Chuck the ever popular gift of quality time :).

Lee and Aleesha hosted us for dinner, and the brothers took this cute picture to send to their dad:

And my dad posted this sweet message about my grandpa.

We met up with my dad a few days later in Boise - have I mentioned lately how much I love watching my parents as grandparents? They're the best. Jack is prettttty delighted here with his view of the world:

Instagram recap for this picture: Today’s episode of Jesus loves Jana: we sent Chuck off to girls camp πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚ this morning for the week and circa four hours later I found five PERFECT books πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸ“–at the Nampa DI (yeah I was just there on Saturday, what’s your point? 🀨), one for each of us... princess book for CarmaπŸ‘ΈπŸ», Berenstein Bears for Jack that somehow didn’t make it with the rest of my childhood collectionπŸ€”, word puzzles for Will (Banana! 🍌), and Rick Riordan and Sarah Eden books for Clyde and me respectively that we’d read but didn’t yet own🀩. I love when Chuck gives service and I get the blessings πŸ€—πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€™πŸΌ

And another one for this shot: Who’s going to break it to Carma that C is actually for Chuck and she’s gonna need to vacate his side of the bed when he gets home from camp? πŸ‘€πŸ˜¬πŸ€”

 Facebook memories kill me every time. Look at those three darling little boys?

Girls' night.... not that we condone cute little Kirkendall girls staying up too late, but it does come in handy when we need a photographer....

Insta caption: DI has always spoken to me figuratively... now it’s stepping up its game and opting for literally too πŸ˜ŽπŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€©πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️πŸ’…πŸΌ

Lowe's has apparently begun speaking to Carma... in the form of dogs that look like Albie haha:

 Grandma Pam and Carma and a reading of Pride and Prejudice: loveliest way to spend an afternoon!

 Ohhh my Holly was in town. This girlie. Just love her - we're at that stage in our friendship where life is crazy and we're far apart and we don't talk or text as much as we should, but our ridiculous connection is still there and I'm just so grateful for that.

Swim lessons! How much trouble are we in if Carma's already all about crazy poses and peace signs in pictures? I feel like I should never let her have an instagram account....

Ah yes, some lovely June art! Courtesy of Ivy Walker (top left), Will (top right) and Carma along the bottom. I love her 'R's hahaha:

Usually the scariest thing about sending Chuck to the grocery store is what he brings home, this time it was what he left there haha.

Neighborhood Nerf battle to kick off the summer with some Curtis, Hatch, and Nelson kiddos:
 Have I mentioned lately that Chuck is the fun parent? ;)

No comments: