.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

June: Bailey gets baptized!


Nothing can keep us from Utah for too long... and this cute niece being baptized was pretty awesome incentive to make another trip down:
I wisely turned all driving responsibility over to Chuck for this go-round. He knows how to use cruise control ;).
I wisely turned all crazy kid responsibility over to Grandpa! He read books, sang songs, and even participated in their blanket forts :).

And took cute pictures of cute fellow road trippers :).

We pulled in to Lehi with just enough time to get everyone settled at their various lodgings - we scored a sweet room with a sofa bed and trundle and it's basically the first time ever that I haven't had to share a hotel bed with at least one kid. 

Of course, I might have left Chuck to finish putting the kids to bed while I made a quick solo run to D.I... but I found this cute sign! It's easy to believe there's good in the world whilst I'm wandering around the American Fork D.I. by myself haha.

Saturday morning we joined forces with Quinn and Eden and their crew for some Thanksgiving Point fun:

The kids were prettttty psyched to be reunited with cousins and to be able to run around and around and around. 

We opted for some photo shoot sessions outside by the waterfall, which necessitated me handing Quinn my phone at one point to serve as photographer. He opted to warm up the camera with some selfies first haha.


Six happy Izatts:

Five happy Bradens!

Grandpa with seven of his twelve grandkids:


We had a quick pizza lunch break at Quinner's house, which Jack always deems a good reason to dab ;).

Bailey's baptism was so sweet. She's the first cousin on my side to be baptized, and I loved watching my kids' excitement. And here's the cute, newly baptized girlie jumping for joy:
We all headed over to the Galerias' for food and general merriment after the baptism - and got to spend some time with my cousin Janessa and her family! They live close to Sam and Terri and we love when we get to see them on Alpine visits. Janessa's Hazel is just a few months younger than Carma and it's possible they had too much fun in that jeep!

Alll the fun with cousins:

Carma and Aunt Eden both opted for bicycle dresses because they're both just that cute.

This is Quinn's patient brother smile haha. Still trying to decide if we actually look alike... I don't see it that much... 

The three oldest cousins - aka Bailey and the boys. Someone has to keep them in line - good luck Bails!!

The six-year-olds - cutest smiles with various little gaps in their teeths!!

Aaaaand the four-year-olds! I wisely let Jett, Remi, and Sammy skip this round of pictures ;).

Aunt Terri and Carma. I grew up treasuring time with my aunts, and I'm so glad that Carma has five of the best women ever as hers. This picture kills me in the best possible way.

 Dad and Sam - two pretty awesome and good-lookin' Braden men.

I can't decide if Remi was so eager to see us go that she was offering to drive if that sped things up, or if she was legit trying to be a (fairly out in the open) stowaway haha. We would have loved to keep her! 

 One of my favorite things is when my dad texts me pictures after we all hang out - they usually come with funny captions. This one of Quinn and me might be one of my all time favorites haha!

No comments: