.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

How we spent our Sunday afternoon (hint: not at church)


In our defense, we tried to go to church. We got all dolled up, left the house fifteen minutes early and drove to the Birch building, where there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot. At this point I figured that the work to fix the flooding damage at our regular meetinghouse must have finished, so we drove to the Amity building, where there were no cars. I then realized it must have been Stake Conference, an earlier meeting with several wards at the Greenhurst building. Oops! That's what we get for being out of town last week, having General Conference the week before, and only making it for the last two hours (due to the silly snow) the week before that.

So, we came back home and played outside in the lovely 70 degree weather!

Will recently learned to make spit bubbles, and as it's a favorite pastime of mine as well, I couldn't be prouder.
Since the boys were all dressed up I tried to take some cute pictures, but . . .
they were less than cooperative,
easily distracted,
and flew the coop. (Clyde is yelling "Mom - brother! Mom - brother!" to alert me that Will isn't following the rules)
Will's very stable on his feet, but the combination of the grass and only wearing one shoe got to him.
Thank goodness for older brothers who catch you when you fall :)

We then played in the backyard for a while (technically I sat in the shade and read Good Housekeeping) and had a lovely afternoon. We do promise to be front and center in church next week, though . . .

8 comments:

Sam and Terri said...

Oh, so that is what brothers are for. All mine did was tease me and steal my allowance.

Such cute pictures. It's a good thing Clyde is a solid built in alarm system for when little kids start crawling towards the street:)

And tell Chuck that Sam is very impressed with how green your lawn is. Keep up the good work.

lazyizzy said...

When the boys argue when their older... youll have to show them the last picture and remind em how much they love each other!

That is an adorable picture.

Gah! I hope I get to see your face and the boys face and chucks face soon.

JPI said...

By the way, church starts at 10:00 AM yesterday.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Glad we weren't the only ones that decided to ditch out on stake conference yesterday :)

Melissa said...

I think that is a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Missy08 said...

We didn't go to stake confrence either cause Trennady was sick. she had the fever friday morning at like 9:30 am it would go up and down at like 5 it got up to 103.7 so did the normal thing took her a bath, gave her tylenol and kept the blankets off her. Well it dropped alittle to 102.2, but then at about 11 pm or 12 am it got to 104.0 only cause when she took a bath she kept turning the hot water on cause she thought she was cold so we sponged her down and an hr later I checked it and it was 103.9 so we ended up taking her to the ER on Fri/Sat and she had an ear infection she finally broke her temp Sat afternoon for a bit but now she is better

Sherry said...

Your boys are so adorable! I think that's a lovely way to spend Sunday! I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me over the years!

jayna said...

My favorite part was the easily distracted, uncooperative toddlers.

Cuz it made me feel normal.