.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

I got whacked at Godfather's Pizza (disclaimer: not their actual slogan)

To wrap up our fun Utah spring break, we headed to the wonderful home of the Smith family and during our time there I found my new favorite pizza joint: Godfather's Pizza! But more on that later . . .

We usually head to Smiths' over General Conference weekend, so we found ourselves with more free time this visit. Heidi was gracious enough to let me pretend to be 16 again, and we hit up the mall on Friday evening (just me and Heidi! NO children!) and had a blast. Heidi is gorgeous and super cool and I hope it didn't hurt her image too much to be seen with me - she saw like five people she knew there within an hour long period. It was crazy. The highlights of the mall trip were the laughs at Victoria's Secret, Heidi being appalled that I thought a brown AND black dress was cute (apparently those colors shouldn't really mix, especially in that particular pattern), Heidi begrudgingly allowing me to browse toddler boys' clothing, Heidi discovering halfway through the trip that I was wearing crocs (and comparing me to her grandpa), and me telling the very aggressive salesman at the Dead Sea Scrolls kiosk that we had to run because our boyfriends were waiting for us (and as we left the mall going completely out of our way to avoid walking past them again).

At the Smith home itself, there was also lots of fun to be had playing the Wii.
First Chuck went up against Ben in boxing . . . and lost. Then I went up against Ben in boxing . . . and lost very badly. Then my mom and Heidi went up against Courtney and Ben in tennis . . . and I'm not sure who won, but I'd put my money on Ben. Clyde and Will had fun jumping into the love sac. This picture makes it look like they're the same size, but I promise Clyde is bigger. Okay, maybe Chuck was throwing them onto it at this point.

Reed recently acquired two Godfather's Pizza restaurants so he took all of us there for dinner on Saturday night. It was so fun to eat at a restaurant with the owner and watch him randomly walk back into the kitchen and such. We all enjoyed the food and atmosphere, although there should definitely be pictures of various Smith/Hugo/Braden/Izatt/etc. family members on the wall. SO, if you happen to be in the Harrisville area, drop in for lunch or dinner and mention my name - it won't do anything for the price, and the person will probably look at you funny, but it will make me feel special :)
Here are all of the girls: Heidi, Gloria, Pam, Courtney, Jana
It's hard to see, but if you look closely you can see my cute hair and make-up,
courtesy of Heidi. We both had cute braids a la Jennifer Aniston at the Oscars.

We had a very fun, albeit short, visit with Smiths (we did miss Nate dearly). The next morning when we left, Clyde cried and cried and kept screaming "I want this house! I want this house!" (Granted, if you saw their house, you'd probably want it too . . . ) He especially loved Heidi, or Hei-i as he called her.
Here he is in the car as we began our journey back to Boise. He calmed down pretty quickly, but then I felt like crying when our driving conditions turned into this:
(note: all on-the-road pictures are taken by Chuck, the front seat passenger. I would not attempt to take pictures while driving in snow!)
There was some sort of ridiculous spring blizzard between Tremonton and Snowville so we drove 15 mph and couldn't see a thing. After a while the snow cleared up and we thought we were home free, until we encountered this:
A firetruck weaved its way around traffic and we came to a virtual standstill. We finally saw why:
An accident involving two semis! It looked pretty bad, but when I checked online after we got home it said that no one was seriously injured. It also said that the freeway was closed for three hours while they cleared the semis from the road; we made it past just in time!

A few miles later we were again reminded of the importance of driving SLOWLY on snowy roads:
Yep, flipped over. Again, no serious injuries, luckily.

After Snowville the weather and roads cleared up wonderfully and we continued on our way. At one point, a Dodge Charger passed us going way too fast, which ticked me off. So I admit I was pretty happy when we saw this:
Okay, so Chuck didn't get the Charger in the picture, but it was definitely him. AND his trunk was getting searched!

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful as you can tell from backseat crew :)

We love you Smiths, thanks again for having us! We can't wait to see you some time this summer :)

5 comments:

tvcadurfee said...

notice the name snowville... hehehe lots of snow all the time. that makes me happy that the charger got pulled over. theres very few times it happens to the right person. theres never a cop around when you need one. well its good you had a fairly uneventful drive home with no accidents for you.

Leslie said...

Here's hoping the drive to Elko was MUCH less eventful!

Sam and Terri said...

Well now you are making me regret not following you guys up to Smith's. Looks like fun.
I am glad to see both bomber jackets on the boys. For some reason I was thinking one of those got left behind as well. It must have been a dream I had.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Reading this post made me happy. Thanks Jana for being so complimentary. Also, my dad's business doubled last week ;).
Your boys sure are cute!

Holly Cameron said...

Fun stuff! I'm glad you guys made it home safe. Your mom secretly looks like my mom when she sleeps. Do you think they're long lost sisters? That could explain us?????