.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tuesday adventures

I promise I'll recap the rest of the Utah trip highlights soon, but I wanted to post these pictures from yesterday first. Will had his one year check-up at the pediatrician, so we stopped by and visited my grandpa while we were in Boise.
The little chubbs fell asleep on the way to the doctor's office. Doesn't he look so cute and preppy? And is it wrong to put gel in a one-year-old's hair?
Just for fun, here's a picture of Clyde asleep on his way home from his one-year check-up (immunization shots = no pants). And yeah, I put Will in the same shirt on purpose. I'm kind of a dork and I'm okay with that.
Here are the boys playing in the waiting room Doesn't he look like a grown-up boy? Where oh where did my baby go? The check-up was excellent. I love their doctor, which is why we haven't switched to someone in Nampa yet. She said Will's ears look great, so we can stop the antibiotics. He weighs 22lbs (50%) and is 31 inches tall (75%).
I wanted to hang around Boise a bit so that we could see Chuck between his all-day training and his regular shift at work. We had an hour until he was ready, so we stopped by my grandpa's house for a visit!

Will had fun playing with all of the animals. . .

and Clyde had fun going 'boom' (jumping) off Grandpa's couch, which Grandpa was not expecting :)
Clyde and Grandpa had fun singing Clyde's current fave song, Popcorn Popping. I'm not sure who was cuter 'looking out the window'!

He also offered to walk Clyde to the car, which is always helpful to a mom juggling two kids.

It was really nice to see my grandpa; I know he must be lonely without my grandma, so I'm going to really try to make it over there often. Plus it's good for my self-esteem; yesterday when we were leaving he gave me the sweetest hug and said how proud of me he was and what a good mom I am and how he always knew I'd be an amazing woman. Cue the waterworks :)
We then had just enough time to meet up with Chuck for an early dinner (where Clyde shamelessly flirted with an older lady in the next booth over) before he went back to work and we came home.

Oh, and one of the concerns I discussed with Dr. Schaffer is Will's lack of interest in finger foods; he finds little appeal in Cheerios, crackers, etc. She wasn't worried and I guess I shouldn't be either since this is what I found later that evening . . .
I guess he just prefers to feed himself with utensils! Serves me right for leaving Clyde's Key Lime yogurt within reach.
and yes, in true blogging fashion I only shrieked about the carpet for a half a second before I grabbed the camera :)

6 comments:

Missy08 said...

those are some really cute pictures. It is ok to still have ur doctor in Boise our doctor is in Meridian only cause I've always wanted to go to St. Luke Hospital in case anything ever happened and heard it was a good hospital alot of ppl from our ward go to Boise or Meridain for their doctors so it is ok.

Melissa said...

You are such an awesome mom to document your boys lives like you do. I couldn't tell you what Lily wore to her 12 month appt last week, let alone what anybody else wore. Um yea her 12 moth appt was at 14 months, I'm Mother of the Year that way.
I adore that last picture of Will with the yogurt. His eyes just draw yo in, and he does look so much older. :`( why do they have to grow up so fast?

Leslie said...

Smart move NOT to move your pediatrician to Nampa--a lot of the Nampa practices are already closed! We've got friends whom would love to switch to our pediatrician and can't because his practice is full and he's not the only one I've heard of.

Sam and Terri said...

Classic Clyde with the sucker in his hand sleeping.

I am so proud of Will for stealing yogurt and eating people food. Next step, bribing him with candy like I do Clyde so I can keep being the favorite over Sam.

Meghan & Chase said...

He does look like a big boy in that picture! Plus, that's awesome that he's feeding himself!

Holly Cameron said...

I love love love that you purposefully dress them in the same outfits for coordinating events. Seriously...if we ever have another girl I am totally doing the same...credit goes to you when that happens.