.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things


1. Creative friends: So, remember when I wanted to take credit for the awesome new look of my blog, but then I told the truth about how it was the work of the fabulous, basically-my-best-friend Jayna Haws? Well, luckily for all of you, she's decided to business-ize her hobby! It's called Friend of a Friend Blog Makeovers, and as my friend (or blog stalker) you're totally eligible to be her customer! Jayna's really creative and stylish, and she'll work with existing themes or come up with something completely new and fun. And since justifying $30-40 for a blog makeover to your husband sounds painful (and futile), Jayna's much lower prices are a steal! Contact her at jaynahaws@yahoo.com for more info.

2. Toddling toddlers: Will can officially walk. It's SO cute to see him traipse around the house. We're only a week in, so it still slightly resembles the walking style of a fresh-off-the-horse cowboy but he's getting faster and faster.

3. Madagascar. And Madagascar 2. Oh, wait, those are Clyde's current favorites! Chuck DVR'd Madagascar for Clyde when we were out of town for Easter, and we've watched it everyday since. It's pretty good, although I like the Disney/Pixar movies a little better. Clyde is particularly enamored with the 'sea water?' bit where they drink and then spit out the water. He tries to replicate the scene frequently, but luckily he hasn't figured out not to swallow first. . . yet. Friday night we grabbed Madagascar 2 from the redbox and had a family movie night.

(Special shout-out to Chuck's cousin Lehi, who's headed to Madagascar on his mission - he enters the MTC on May 13th! You rock, buddy!)

4. Being early to church: Admittedly, it was only by like two and a half minutes, but it still felt good to be there and seated and feel relaxed. We just might try it again sometime.

5. School friends: Three hour evening classes are SO much easier to get through when you have friends to sit and joke around with. I've had multiple classes with Jason and Sarah before, and this semester we're all together Tuesday and Wednesday nights. They've seriously saved my sanity. And they complimented me lots on my most recent presentation (about the inmate subculture, no less) so they're officially friends for life. I even friended them on Facebook, is there any higher commitment?

6. 'I Run to You' by Lady Antebellum: It's so sweet and catchy. I tried to make Chuck listen to it, as a 'Honey, this is how I feel about you; you're the safe haven I run to' kind of moment, but I gave up after he said, "Wait, what are they running away from?" It's obvious he's been listening to sports talk radio instead of music for way too long. . . sigh.

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

I love being early to church too! Sadly, it NEVER happens for us ...and the sad part is we don't even have kiddos to get ready in the morning. What is our problem???????!!?? Ü SO, kudos to you!!

jayna said...

Jana, you are the best blog BFF that I've ever had.

It must be the similarities of our names.

And our keen wit and intellect.

Sam and Terri said...

Oh man, he is walking? I can't wait to see it. Maybe we should come up sooner than the original mcat plan.

And be careful, when you get to church too early they ask you to say the prayer. That's why we always show up a little late. And by a little I mean a lot:)

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Showing up to church early is very un-Bradenlike of you. I love Heidi telling the story of when she was going to church with your mom and Quinn. Ten minutes before sacrament starts:
Pam:"I'm really more ready than you think I am, I just have to take a quick shower, get dressed and do my hair and make-up"
Heidi:"No, that's pretty much how ready I thought you were."

Nancy said...

Hey Jana,

Love your blog! You're a super cute mom!! Feel free to visit my blog too... you can get to it by clicking on my name above. Have a fantastic day!!

Missy said...

ok I got a question I can't seem to figure it out myself I've been trying. Ok here it is u know how u have pictures of u and ur hubby and kids on the right side of ur page well I can't seem to do that and was wondering how u got them all there. Please help me. lol.