.

Friday, April 17, 2009

A few of my thoughts - and you can keep your penny!


* Clyde is in the adorable 'repeat-everything-anyone-else-says' phase as he expands his vocabulary and verbal development, which keeps Chuck and me on our toes. . . most of the time. There's a chance that just this week the wee lad has repeated "hot bum" (I won't specify in reference to whom) and "DARN it!" Luckily pretty mild so far.

* Will is officially weaned, which means that for the first time in almost three and a half years I don't have a fetus/person dependent on my body for nutrition. Anyone else want a Dr. Pepper?

* Chuck has prepared more meals in the last week than I possibly have in the last month . . . pancakes (twice), French toast, plenty o' PB&J, roast beef croissant-wiches, chicken salad, jambalaya, etc. Fabulous.

* I have officially started commenting on the Biggest Loser recap discussion threads on tvguide.com. I can't help it; I'm just full of opinions and insight about this show! And then I check back periodically to see how many other readers agree with me and have 'recommended' my comment. SO embarrassing . . .

* I sorta wish I harbored ill will towards an ex-boyfriend (hmm, that would require me to have an ex-boyfriend, which I don't) just because I like the All-American Rejects song "Gives You Hell" so much. It's so darn catchy.

* Speaking of music, on our recent drive to Elko I played some vintage Good Charlotte, aka their first (and best) CD. To my surprise, I remembered all the words. To every song.

* I was recently reminded that I have NO idea what I'm doing in any type of garden setting. And I have no real desire to learn. I feel bad that our house had such a beautiful flower garden in the front yard last year when we moved in, because it's totally wasted on me. I mix up 'perennials' and 'annuals' all the time (doesn't 'annual' sound like it comes back annually? No?) and I'm pretty sure I pulled up some things I shouldn't have as I weeded the other day. I already told Chuck I just want to pave the entire backyard, like a big rollerskating rink, rather than deal with the landscaping along the back fence.

* I've watched the
youtube clip of Susan Boyle several times, and I still swell with pride (and tear up a little) every time as she silences, then completely inspires, her critics and the jerks in the audience. "And that's just one side of me!"

* In the past three weeks I've turned in four papers, taken three quizzes, taken two exams and participated in three discussion boards. In the next three weeks I'll (hopefully) turn in four more papers, take one quiz, participate in four discussion boards, do two presentations, and take four final exams.
I. can't. wait. for. summer.  (and neither can my children!)

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Gardening. Yes. I am terrible at knowing which plants should stay and which should go. In one place where we lived we were responsible for our landlady's garden, and when there are no flowers on the plant, it's just so hard to tell if it belongs or not!

So my suggestion is buying a FEW plants. Pansies. Tulips. Daffodils. Some of those little white flowers as fillers for the big flowers. Crud. Totally can't remember what they're called. Starts with an "A" and they are very small, but they grow to be rather large and fill in the gaps between your pansies. Ack! Anyway, just buy a few plants that you know you'll recognize. That's my theory anyway. Good luck.

mama izatt said...

I confess to watching the youtube clip of Susan Boyle more than once. I love the looks on the judges faces almost as much as listening to her voice.

Leslie said...

I can sum up my gardening advice in two words: drought resistant and it'll save a lot more on your summer utility bill than the concrete skating rink. :)

Sam and Terri said...

So its probably not a good time for Sam and I to be around Clyde Monster, considering we would probably teach him a few words that are inappropriate, yet hilarious for a two year old to say.

I can't wait for summer too. I am going to make sure you guys are in our summer plans often.

Meghan & Chase said...

You've been busy! Hmm, I should read your biggest loser comments. For some reason I cried more during the last episode than I have on any other. Just the contestants walking down to hug their families....I can't get enough. Thanks for all you write.

jen said...

Wow! You're busy! Good luck with all your papers!!