.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bm-bm-bm-bm-bm, I'm lovin' it!

A few hours ago, I was fully intending this post to be a bitter rant against McDonalds and everything they stand for - namely, pricing all of their soft drinks at $1, thereby practically coercing me into buying a large root beer so that I could spill a bit on my white shirt on my way to a banquet dinner where I would be seeing professionals in the field of gifted and talented education who I hadn't seen for five years and somewhat wanted to impress.

BUT, thanks to a pit stop at ShopKo where I found a cute red shirt on clearance ($5.19 plus tax - price was vital since the white shirt had only cost me $4, and spending too much more than that to replace it seemed wrong), I can calmly look at the situation and realize it's not my beloved McDonalds' fault - it's mine for not drinking the clear, spill-friendly Sprite that Chuck always orders.

So it all worked out; Clyde got his order of chicken nuggets so I didn't have to worry about him starving at the banquet (the child only eats a few select items, grrrr), I got to catch up with
two men for whom I have the utmost respect, I got a new shirt, despite my recent self-admonishment that new-shirt-buying wasn't allowed right now, and the white shirt appears to be salvage-able. Yay!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Glad to hear the shirt fiasco was resolved without requiring a second mortgage. ;) See you tonight!

jayna said...

You are so funny. And way to go on the shirt bargain!