.

Friday, July 11, 2008

As promised, family pics!

My family doesn't really DO family pictures . . . while I was growing up, my brothers and I would hit up Olan Mills in Vista Village every five or six years (not on our own, my mum would drag us in, of course), but that ended right around the time their studio burned down. And then we had a hard enough time all being together (due to various incarcerations, some schooling, and a mission) let alone all being together AND getting dressed in matching clothes for a nice portrait session. And then we kept adding people to the family, so that when we DID have a picture taken, it became outdated as soon as the next baby or spouse arrived! (To be fair, we've only added two spouses and two children, so it shouldn't be that hard to keep up, but whatev.) The point is that on Double Header Sunday, despite Quinn and I being very, VERY sick, the extended Pam Braden family managed to get our picture taken.
My fabulous sister-in-law Melissa used her expertise, creativity, and quick trigger finger to snap the pics and we are very indebted to her! I almost uploaded all 126 pictures, but you'll have to settle for the highlights:

Here's my cute brother Sam with his cuter wife, Terri. They look so happy because it was the eve of the first wedding anniversary! Yay!


Quinn, Jana, Clyde, baby Will, Cody, Terri, Sam
Here's one without my mum - I'm not sure what baby Will is looking at, and yes, the ground did slope up to the left - Quinn and I are not that tall.
Yes, we're adorable.
Another big family shot - I love these pictures because they contain most of my favorite people ever. My husband and sons are my world, of course, and I'm amazed at how close my brothers and I have become in our wise old ages. Sam's wife Terri is sweet and fun and (I hate to admit this) even cooler than I am. My mom is my hero.
After this shot we let Quinn pull the sick card and go home, but Chuck and I stuck around to have Melissa to take some more pictures of just our little family.
My boys - I love how Clyde is standing against the wall, even though we were trying to get him to lean against it like Chuck was.
I love this one, except you can't really see baby Will. I have this complex where I have to take as many pictures of Will as I do Clyde, because I'm afraid someday Will will have a complex because he wasn't photographed enough or as much as his brother was as a child . . . get all that?
This is our "thank goodness we have a sense of humor and each other, because our sons can be little pills" picture.
Here's Clyde 'helping' baby Will by putting his binky back in his mouth - what a lucky baby to have such an attentive big brother!
My darling, goofy, chubby-cheeked baby and me (who some also describe as darling, goofy, and chubby-cheeked . . .)
Happy fellows :)
So, now I really have no excuse not to hang pictures up on our walls (all the frames are unpacked and piled up in baby Will's room) so that's our next project, and then we'll really be (mostly) all moved in! And then I'll post pictures of our new house - yay! But before that I PROMISE to blog all about Elko and Independence Day - be prepared for more pictures!

4 comments:

mama izatt said...

I love the picture on the rocks!! What a great pic! You guys are all so good looking. Can you see everybody better when you blow the picture up bigger?

I must admit I like the picture of Chuck and Clyde looking back from the stone bench too.

Sherry said...

Very CUTE pictures!!!

jayna said...

I love em!

Holly Cameron said...

I how pretty is that! That's a cool little place! You guys look great too.