.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Splish splash

I've never been a very strong swimmer (I still have to plug my nose when I go underwater) but I want the boys to be comfortable in the water, so I was excited to find out that parent/tot lessons were offered at the swimming pool a mile from our house. Clyde loved the two-week class and learned how to scoop his arms, kick his legs, jump into the pool, retrieve toys from the bottom of the shallow end, and (kind of) float and glide on his back and tummy. Safety warning: looking at my WHITE thighs straight on may cause blindness :)

The day that Chuck got in the pool with Clyde - I got a break!


The last day of class, the kids in the older classes got to go down the big water slide, accompanied by their teacher. Clyde was mesmerized by this, so his fabulous teacher Lisa offered to take him on it, too.

Of course, he LOVED it

Big smiles all around

Clyde will still be in the Parent/Tot class next year since he won't quite be three yet, and Will will be old enough too, so Chuck and I will both get to get in the water everyday, yay! Hopefully Lisa will be there again :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your boys are too cute! and you are so brave - im NEVER getting in a swimsuit again after I give birth...
its one of the perks i guess :)

Holly Cameron said...

You guys are so good! I want to find a class like this for Ella.