.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Me and my mountain men . . .

We decided to be really brave last weekend and take the little boys on our ward camp-out. We were nervous because: A) Clyde tends to jump off of things and try to seriously injure himself, and I had no idea how rocky the terrain was, B) Will is four months old and although he generally sleeps VERY well, it would be our luck that he would revolt that night, and C) we're still pretty new in our ward - there was all sorts of potential for ostracization :). Luckily, our children did fabulously and we got to meet and get to know several very cool families in the ward - and even tentatively plan for some football watching parties this fall :)
Chuck and Clyde set up our very cool tent that Sam got us for Christmas a couple years ago. Sadly, the only other use this tent has gotten was when Quinn camped out in our backyard for a week to get his Outdoor merit badge.
Chill-axin' in the finished product
Will supervised
After our yummy pancakes and eggs breakfast the next morning
The Pratts thought ahead and brought a wagon for the nature walk, so along with their daughters Madeline and Aliza, we also piled in Clyde and Daisy. Cute girls, eh? I think Clyde likes blondes . . .

Will and I did NOT go on the nature hike;
instead, we sat by the fire and had a lovely time talking to Emily.

The boys definitely needed baths when we got home, and apparently my need to photograph my children in coordinating clothes extends to towels!



4 comments:

Melissa said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time! Camping can be so much fun. Love the after bath picture. You crack me up. :)

JPI said...

Great blog. I would eliminate the word "potential" and replace it with "required" football parties. Thanks for the photos and links.

Jared

mama izatt said...

This looks way too fun! I love the towels :)

Holly Cameron said...

You're a brave mama campin with two little boys. I don't even trust myself camping let alone being in charge of young children...