.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

February 2021: Part two

 

Random winter morning on crosswalk duty instead of my usual cafeteria patio spot:

Pretty proud of their awesome snowman!

Pastel sky though:

Ryker might be a more committed safety aide than me...

Okay, this is probably one of the biggest things I've learned from Chuck in our 17ish years together:

More recess snow-y fun:


She made snowmen, er women, of her three sisters!

If you ever want to keep ten middle schoolers busy for a half hour, give them a huge, pretty solid snow ball to destroy.


These two... plus their two older sisters... oh man, I love them!

Ottoman on the couch seems safe.

Jack and his math projects.

More toys for Mando.

Carma June was in the cutest phase of making sweet cards for me:



FHE, the boys each jotted down a time when they've felt the spirit or recognized a blessing when it happened:



Will, Clyde, Jack.


instagram caption: Carma and I sneaked away for a girls’ night and it was the best ever: watching three of my incredible students dance 😍😍😍. 



I loved getting such a good hug from Suzy and a selfie with her - she is sunshine and love and a birthday girl tomorrow and has been a constant source of joy at school for me 🧑. 


Brooklynne and Elyscia vouched for me and Carma so we could take a picture with them against the official backdrop 😎. Brooklynne and Elyscia were the first faces I saw this fall when Will got hurt on the way home from school and their sweet hugs that night got me through and their sweet faces and love get me through allll the 8th grade lunches haha. And as if a fun night with me wasn’t enough, Carma got a reunion with her sweet friend Faith πŸ’• (aka Elyscia’s little sis). 

Carma couldn’t stop spinning and jumping as we left... and that’s basically Carma every day of her life... so it might finally be time to put Girlfriend in some legit dance classes πŸ˜…πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ‘―‍♀️🩰.


Sunday after church vibes:


Cuties watching a friend-to-friend event.

Dress up week for FFA week - movie character we picked Buddy the Elf, kinda gave Peter Pan vibes tho...

But using a syrup bottle for water helped a little. If only we'd had root beer or Dr Pepper on hand!

Girls night with the best 5/6 friends!

Carma getting some bball time in....

And then switching gears to do Dad's makeup.

Yeppp:


Forget February at work! Aka the two year mark of me being at East Valley full time. Insane.

Ohhh snap - Carma's doing dance! The studio where those cute big girls dance happens to be like two blocks from our house and they offered fun spring "intro to dance" six week classes: 



Carma looooved it.

But also, does Carma get her athleticism from me?! I'm a track star?!

Instagram caption: 
If only I’d saved this exact toy that I had as a child, I wouldn’t have had to spend five bucks at Fred Meyer today to get it for Carma. Fashion plates are the best, as newbie Carma June has quickly discovered 😎✍πŸΌπŸ‘©πŸ»‍πŸŽ¨πŸ‘”πŸ©³πŸ‘ πŸŽ©πŸ‘›πŸ‘‘

Heading to swim laps with my bestie:

Ohhh man. The best, coolest, sketchiest, non-traditional self reliance class ever. Legends!

I think about this idea a lot:



Movie night watching the actual best.

Carma June lost her first tooth! It was wiggly as heck and Dad wasn't home and I'm a freaking wimp so Clyde was recruited to handle the actual removal: 

Feeling on a dental high, Clyde decided to attempt getting Will's loose tooth out. Will required some, um, persuasion:

Rusty pliers from the garage? What could go wrong?? Alas, Will and his tooth were not cooperative so the tooth lived to chomp another day.


Cute buddies!

No comments: