.

Saturday, July 20, 2024

February 2021 part one

School selfie:

Another cute study moment with Will and Mando.

Outside supervision selfie:

Crazy hair, don't care, let's throw back another box of conversation hearts selfie.

Dramatic, arts-y sunshine selfie:

Dramatic, sad selfie - I think this was sent to Chuck.

Happy Carma and Mando moment!

Middle school bathroom mirror selfie!

Random shot of my desk that was clearly overtaken by a child as that is not my laptop or breakfast donut remnants...

Happier selfie!

Instagram caption: That awkward moment when you’re providing some extra security for the bball game πŸ€and almost get thrown out yourself by the AD for repeatedly pulling down your mask to yell/cheer for your team (before pulling it right back up!!) πŸ˜¬πŸ˜…πŸ€¦πŸ»‍♀️πŸ˜‚. 

Thanks to Cass for giving me one more chance πŸ™πŸΌ and Rigsby for capturing this hilarious moment πŸ“Έ. I promise I wasn’t crying, just earnestly explaining how hard it is to project whilst wearing a mask 😭😷. Go Bobcats!! πŸΎπŸ€πŸΎ
But seriously - this makes it look like I was getting in trouble. I promise I wasn't haha.

Dramatic post-plasma selfie:

Random shoe selfie with kids at recess? I think I had just gotten new shoes? And then maybe we were doing a VANS or Nike or third option shoe poll? 

One of my favorite classrooms to stop by:



Mirror on my office selfie!

Cutest journal entry from Carma:

Instagram caption: Lady this morning asked if Chuck was my boyfriend and I wish I’d gone along with it. Favorite boyfriend ever 🧑.

Chuck and Jack outing to their happy place, the shooting range:

Jack shooting a long type gun, probably a rifle?

Jack shooting a shorter type gun, maybe a pistol? Or just a handgun? What's the difference?


Fancy with one hand!

I feel like this is also a rifle or possibly a shotgun. Cutest little marksman ever.

Another dress up round up:
Tip: putting a skirt over a dress adds more versatility to your closet!


Tip: don't be afraid to accessorize with bold yellows and oranges pulled from the pattern of an otherwise purple dress.


Tip: Always have a formal St. Patrick's day ensemble on hand for mid-March galas.

Tip: don't let the fact that your parents are literally never taking you to Hawaii dampen your aloha vibes!!

Did some crafting:


And lotto ticket buying!...

for Rita's birthday celebration! More to come...

Superbowl Sunday matching:


See, I root for the Chiefs sometimes! ... when they're up against Tom Brady, the more evil of two evils ;).


Oh gosh, took Clyde out to a parking lot and cemented my decision never to teach driver's ed haha:

Little cheat sheet - actually can be used during regular season games too, ask me how I know ;).

Got to school crazy early Monday morning to decorate for Rita's birthday!!! Rita is our bookkeeper/ my best friend at work (she would definitely deny this).
I came up with the theme since she runs all the money stuff at school and had everyone write bday messages on Monopoly money. Then a few of us chipped in for the lottery tickets (spoiler alert: she did not make big money on any of them. Lame).


Stop - isn't this the cutest?! 

All Ryker and I wanted for Rita's birthday was a group picture, Rita shockingly did not want to participate.

but we got her in the end ;). Some of my favorite moments from this entire school year were Security Department meetings held in Rita's office. Ryker and I would wander in and start munching on candy and I would plop down in a chair and Rita would half-heartedly try to kick us out until we got her distracted and talking for a bit and then she'd realize what we were doing and actually kick us out. I love Rita so, so much. 
{July 2024 note: these memories are especially tender as Rita passed away a few weeks ago. I miss her.}


Brooklynne and Taylor selfie on my phone for some reason haha:

Matching masks selfie with my favorite!!

Oh hey it's me and Chuck haha:


Pretty incredible compliment from a co-worker. Sure love my job.

Okay but Will actually understands Minesweeper?!

This tracks.

Yepppp:

Hahahahaha.

Dramatic bank robber-y selfie:

One of my favorite things about hybrid/online learning was 'homework help' sessions: students could book them with Ryker, myself, our ELL parapro, our librarian, our college/career counselor, or our instructional coach. We met online in a Teams meeting and got to help them figure out assignments and it was the best!

Cute visit from Carma and boys and girls club for Valentine's Day:


Cute little cheerleader at a girls bball game.

Top knot through a beanie outside supervision selfie:

Ryker being a good sport and playing football with the children.

Dentist appointment!


Okay, we've established that Valentine's Day in middle school is a big deal and this year I got presents from three different students and it was the absolute cutest. Check out that bag - a stuffed animal and everythinggggg. 

Also during one of the lunches we became snowflake photographers:





Aren't these just amazing??

Snowy lunch selfie:

Not sure why these two decided to roll down the snowy hill but the entertainment it provided was top tier:

Hahaha, I love them.

Our favorite shorts and snow boots boy:

Cutest little Valentine from Carma's class:



Instagram caption: Fun fact: if you make a thrift store and Costco run whilst looking like a total scrub, you will definitely run into: your sister in law and her mama, a student from school (second Costco run in with her recently, basically a tradition now), one of Carma and Jack’s fave Boys and Girls Club staff members (hi Carlita!), and of course the mayor of Nampa. Granted, I could have let Mayor Kling walk by without drawing her attention to me BUT we all know I didn’t πŸ˜…. She was super nice about being recognized! 

Next Saturday I’m going to get all dolled up to run errands and I will run into precisely no one I know ☺️πŸ˜‚.

Reminder of my best parenting tip ever: take a picture of your kid with the random stuff they want to buy at the store. It helps them feel validated (let's take a picture so we remember you like this) and chances are they forget about it anyways. 

Love this:

Instagram caption: Matching dresses means sneaking out of primary and nursery for a picture. 

The only thing I love more than long flowy romantic dresses are these two beautiful strong women. I appreciate their honesty and vulnerability and strength and generosity and love. From a distance I’ve watched both of them face difficult moments and situations and heartbreaks and challenges and I’ve watched both of them get up again and again. 

I’m grateful for their examples as I clumsily try to do the same thing- my version is to put one foot in front of the other on days that I can, and hide under the covers on the other days ;) and know that my Savior is there for me everyday. 

Happy Valentine’s Day Shannon and Karlina. Love you both. 🌺🌹🌸

Valentine's Day = cute niece's birthday so I went down the rabbit hold finding old pictures of her. Being an aunt is the best, and getting to live close to these kiddos for a few years was the best:


Instagram caption: Clyde volunteered to be the base of a formation based on strength πŸ’ͺ🏼πŸ’ͺ🏼rather than traditional age πŸ‘©πŸ»πŸ§‘πŸ»πŸ‘¦πŸΌπŸ§’πŸΌπŸ‘§πŸ» and I think he regretted it pretty quick. He’s now campaigning for a redo based on weight so he can move up a couple spots next time πŸ˜…. I’m patiently biding my time until height order formations find me closer and closer to the top of the pile πŸ¦’πŸ˜πŸ¦™πŸ¦©πŸ‘©πŸ». 

(I’m not at all patiently waiting for my kids to follow the two cardinal rules of formation: no chins in backs and no yelling in ears πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‘πŸ₯΄)


Cute early morning blanket Jackers selfie:

Jack and I saw all the cute "Valentine's Day book stacks" on instagram and decided to do some in Valentine's-y colors and we think they turned out adorable:
Purples

Maroon/brick reds

Lighter reds

Happy Snowy President's Day to those who celebrate:






Carma found and adopted an old iPod haha

The beginnings of Mando sleeping exclusively on the top bunk with Jack:


I loved this from Sharon McMahon. So much peddling of fear and distress in the world which can be overwhelming and lead to generalizing. We're good Do good. Find good. We're getting there.

No comments: