.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

sept 2k18: an Izatt outing


Grandma and Grandpa Izatt were in town over Labor Day weekend for Clyde's birthday, so we had a fun adventure to the Discovery Center with them and Lee and Aleesha's family:

C-A-R-M-A J-U-N-E loved typing her name in and having the machine spell it out in blocks.

Bri and Clyde attempted the perfect arch... I'm pretty sure Bri did it again later and succeeded!

Jack and Carma both practiced their upside down/backwards writing.

Cute Will. And koala'd Jana.

Ahhhh this was so cool - a topographical map thing with the different elevations different colors shining down. It was basically my favorite.

Oooh the smooth river rock pebbles were also my favorite, hence my stack and my initials and my little funny face I made.

We make it to the Discovery Center a lot with my dad, but my kids really never get tired of the exhibits - even the established ones.

And of course having new people to look at them with helps!

Okay, my real favorite is obviously pretending to be a weatherperson. I think I missed my real calling in life, some kind of broadcast journalism.

Towards the end of our visit, Pops and some of the boys found a cool challenge - to use these specific wood pieces to build as tall a tower as possible:

Chuck was recruited to help with some of the top pieces.


And they made it literally as high as possible! 

The nice Discovery Center employees made a new sign just for the Izatts haha; Lee and Bri and Eli took their turn next, using even fewer pieces to climb up to the ceiling. Somewhere I have the slo-mo videos of them knocking down the towers; they're pretty epic!
And we'll end with Carma and her chocolate milk at lunch afterwards. Cutest girlie!

No comments: