.

Sunday, August 25, 2019

August went swimmingly!


Like, really swimmingly. Like, this entire post is just us swimming haha.

Swimming lessons wrapped up! Little goggled faces make me smile.

Carma Junie got to jump off the diving board on the last day of class, which she loved.

We made our yearly trek over to Ivywild Pool for an evening of slides. And more slides. And then a couple more slides. Clyde and Will loved 'racing' each other on the drop slides:

but also joined the rest of us on the curvy? curly? swirly? slide:


Please enjoy my face as I take both Carma and Jack down the slide - I try so dang hard not to get a face full of water haha. 



I say it all the time - Ivywild is a pretty chill pool, nothing amazing spectacular about it, but it's become such a funny little summer tradition for us and we love it!

Oh man, here's a milestone - we started letting Clyde and Will ride over to Lakeview Pool and swim for a couple hours on their own.
I think on this particular occasion we had to follow up and drop off a forgotten bike lock... so it's been a good trial run for adventures and responsibility ;).

We headed to Lincoln Pool for an evening family swim there... which I was not excited about and had a pretty poor attitude to show for it haha. I watched and photographed and eventually got in the pool a bit...

but when Carma declared she was all done and promptly fell asleep, I was more than happy to hang out poolside and keep an eye on her.

Also Chuck and both older boys loved the diving board, which is fun because it terrifies me to watch them:
There was also some pretty serious "Sharks and Minnows" being played in the shallow section with all four boys:

Let the record show that Chuck is pretty ruthless when playing this game. 


And in the interest of revisionist history, here's a happy upbeat picture where I look totally delighted that we hit up Lincoln for the evening and I'm a good mom who loves swimming ;).

Luckily I was in a better mood a couple weeks later when we took a quick trip to Lakeview Pool all together - this pool is more little kid-friendly than Lincoln:


Carma and Jack were pretty psyched to be big enough to do the slide on their own, with Dad or Clyde catching them at the bottom:



And Clyde and Will enjoyed the slide too, generally trying to go down as fast as possible or in crazy positions without getting in trouble, sigh.

I'm so glad my kids love the water and are comfortable in it and that swimming lessons have always gone so well for them. I do NOT love water and am NOT comfortable in it which makes me extra grateful that Chuck has helped them love it so much!

Ha, I love all the colors of crocs - someday we'll convert Chuck over from flip flops ;) .

No comments: