.

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Everything Else in July


Really, the biggest milestone for the month of July was Jackers being able to scale the doorframe between the kitchen and the hallway:
Ohhh we love Jack. Here's one of his pieces of artwork 
"jana! 33 I love you Dad! 88 & I 37"

Aaaaand the yahoo himself: (also I love how every summer he gets blonder!)

Imma be honest: I have no reference point for this picture. I could probably scroll back through the files and use some context clues, but for now... Chuck and I were in a car... I was happy, he was tolerant... and we took a selfie. The End.

Oh man, dang facebook memories get me every time. LOOK AT WHAT A BABY DOLL SHE WAS!

Still trying to get a picture equal to that last one in cuteness ;). I like the last one here, where you realize she actually has a nose/mouth...

Um, but seriously we do take a lot of pictures of Carma. How can we not, she's just so cute! Add in sunglasses and I'm done. Cutest.
Carma also keeps things entertaining by texting random contacts from Chuck's phone, like this one to Brother Corn. We died laughing at his response - he's the best frenemy ever!

Yet another facebook memory, this time the one where Chuck had his appendix out! Always a classic:


Also funny screenshots from scary mommy instagram; I don't actually follow them but every now and then I click through for an hour and laughhhhhhh and laugh.


Another picture without context - why did I photograph these clouds? Who knows, but I love it! Pictures of bright/dark blue sky and white clouds are my jam.

Bri had a birthday! Technically, so did both Lee and Dave but the party was focused on the cute ten-year-old. Aleesha is AMAZING and her mama and best friend were both there helping and they're both amazing and as a result we got to enjoy an elaborate Harry Potter party:
Those wands though - hand made with dowels and paint and... clay of some sort? putty? and more paint. So intricate and fun. 

And the cake and cupcakes were all Aleesha as well. Sooo fun:

So many cute little touches - the 'floating' candles, books of spells, all the photo props. I love when people who love to host parties do this sort of thing - it would stress me out beyond belief and I would die sometime during the process, but it's such an incredible creative outlet for people like Leesh and then I just get to enjoy it!

I mean, I'm legit scared of clowns but possibly slightly less thanks to Carma:

All six of us. Chuck was obsessed with the wands and scarves; he definitely sneaked home a couple ;). We love that Lee and Aleesha are close enough for us to celebrate birthdays together!

Ummm deepest apologies for involving a member of, uh, that family, here but this was way too perfect example of me and Chuck to ignore - we love overtime opportunities until the day they come and then we both decide being poor is also cool haha.

Speaking of cute Chuck, one day he made a quick church visit while I was along in the car and ended up changing a tire. Hot.

I think God knew I was too lazy of a parent to arrange playdates and extravagant friend gatherings, so he sent the Curtises to live a block away. Carma and Jack wander over there frequently, Clark and Andy wander over here frequently, and it's the most chill thing ever. 

And sometimes they go from house to house in the duration of one afternoon - I can't remember where I had to go, but I bounced them over to Grace and took pictures of them walking (running?) that direction. Such perfect best buddies!

And because we love Curtises and bikes, it was a total no brainer when Grace asked if we could share some of our plethora of bicycles for some church parking lot instruction for her cute nieces. Things really clicked once Chuck arrived on scene because he's just the best at explaining things and encouraging and patience and empowering. We loved getting to know Liz and Will and their DARLING three girlies:

Ha, again I have no recollection of what conversation Dan and I were having at this point in time, but I love that I took a screenshot to use against him at any time in the future - shouldst he ever be foolish enough to voice any kind of doubt in me ;).

 Also this makes me laugh a lot. Sam and Quinn are pretty patient with me in our group text... but even Quinn's patience runs thin at points. They both did respond pretty nicely later in the day, but I didn't make a permanent record, because where's the fun in that? 

 And we'll end July on another note of sibling love - a group sleepover in Clyde's room one night. I really do love the adventures these four create for themselves. Also - let the record show that Will and Carma both apparently sleep sideways. Good luck to their eventual spouses ;).

No comments: