.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

[Captain] Jack [Sparrow] is 18 months old!


Well, in news I refuse to believe, Jack is officially a year-and-a-half old. Craziness.
Gahhh, such a cute 18-month-old!!

The most notable thing about our little boy is that he's recently decided he's a pirate.
 Remember this picture from Mother's Day and how funny we thought his little facial expression was??

Well, it's become his go-to look for pictures:
Yep. Pretty much every time he sees the camera or I tell him to smile, this is what we get.
 
 Sometimes there's a little variety: eyes open, eyes shut, mouth open, mouth shut, etc.

 I like when he really scrunches his nose and we get the angrier version...

Hilarious, right? And sooo random! It's honestly really fitting though; Jack is such a busy, funny, mischievous little soul. Yesterday I ran a couple errands by myself and when I got home Chuck started telling me about how many messes Jack had made while I was gone - something about Chuck would clean up one mess and he'd turn around to find two more that Jack had made in the meantime. I just laughed - that's Jack! Clyde and Will were both much more low-key, so I guess we were due. 

 We're excited to officially send Jack to nursery this Sunday, although he's already sneaked in a couple of times when I was subbing in primary and Chuck was at work. I'm a little nervous though, since our efforts to curb Jack's biting/hitting/gouging haven't seen the level of success I'd prefer... but his little buddy Brehner is in nursery and he won't be afraid of reciprocating, so hopefully that will cure both boys of their slightly violent tendencies!!

Jack continues to be such a funny little ray of sunshine (and chaos) in our family and we're so glad he's ours (well, after four more payments, haha).
Ohhh, Jackers. We sure love you AND all of your goony faces!

7 comments:

Emily said...

oh, he just melts my heart!!!!

Kiley said...

I love his little face!!! so so so cute

Anonymous said...

Love that pirate look! Aaargh! I am reading Teach Like a Pirate this summer and trying to find my pirate soul. I know where to look for inspiration. LOVE it!!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

He is such a handsome little guy!!

Holly Cameron said...

Oh my gosh! That little face! He is so cute! He's going to be the ladies man. So stinkin' cute.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Such a cutie! Love him!

Grace said...

hahahahha those picture
s]'o00000000
sorry. tatwwas clark...
those pictures are awesome!!! the pirate look s0ui-========]]sui0]ts
suits him! :)

p[