.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Utah trip recap, part one: "All aboard the dork train!"

.
First of all, this is blog post #100. Congratulations to all of you who have patiently and nicely sat through the billions of pictures I feel compelled to post (along with 'witty' commentary) on a semi-regular basis. Today's entry will be no different.
.
So, we began our recent trip to Utah with a quick day-and-a-half stay at Sam and Terri's in Orem. Clyde, and subsequently Will, is/are recently extremely obsessed with trains and while we were there Clyde realized that aunts and uncles are more willing than moms to be human trains:
So I obviously meant to dress Clyde and Will alike, but I'm very impressed that, sight unseen, Terri managed to coordinate as well. She's got skills.
Cody got a turn as well! Will got to be the lead engine due to his lack of cooperation in holding onto anyone else's shirt. And yes, we did call it the dork train. Uh-oh, runaway engine!
We were excited to meet up with Chuck's darlingest younger sister Amanda while in Provo and eat some lunch at Denny's . . . we'll just say that it's a good thing the company was good because the service was a bit lacking (although they did let us use some coupons meant for another location). I can't believe we didn't take any pictures with Amanda, but we loved seeing her nonetheless.

That evening after Sam got home from work and Terri cooked us some delicious dinner, we played a bit o' miniature golf. We chose the indoor course, which at night is a blacklight deal. We quickly realized that Will could not be left to his own devices on the green (notice how he's already snatched up two of the golf balls) so Terri volunteered to be his special friend. They played around in the arcade for a bit and then followed us a hole back so that he could play around on all of the props. We also realized that Clyde was both dangerous and very slow with the golf club, so it was repossessed and instead he rolled his little orange golf ball here, there, and everywhere. Cody, striking a dapper pose. Cody and myself, contemplating a whale this time. My cute husband, who dominated everyone at miniature golf - good job, babe!

The next morning we headed outside for the traditional scooter rides.
Clyde took a spin around with Uncle Sam, as did Will.
Here's what Will looks like when he's
hanging out with ME . . .
and here's what he looks like when he's
hanging out with Aunt Terri. Much better :)
I braved taking the scooter around the parking lot by myself, and Terri and Clyde met me for a little race. And since I don't like to go faster than Clyde can run anyways, the race was pretty close.
Then I got really brave and took Clyde with me. He thought my slow speed was pretty lame and kept encouraging me with, "Faster! Faster, Mommy!"
Then we ate a most excellent breakfast, after which I insisted on a picture of Sam and Cody and myself so that we can send it to Quinn to taunt him :)
Take one: nice picture
Take two: Photographer Chuck instructed us all to put our hands up, this was the result.
.

AND, somewhere in there, Terri and I managed to run some errands, girls only. First we went to Losee Jewelers since they're closing and that's where Chuck bought my engagement ring (coincidentally, six years ago exactly!). We had our rings cleaned - it always amazes me how sparkly my diamond looks after a good cleaning (aka how dirty I must have let my rings get!) :). Terri and I also went to CostCo and chatted about all sorts of interesting things as we perused the aisles. I seriously love Terri.
.

And that was our visit. Sam and Terri, thanks for being so darn hospitable, we miss you already!!!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Show 100 is a big deal in TV. How does the blog world honor it? ;)

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

So you look really hot in these pictures Jana!! Seriously, you look great in those jeans!!

Unknown said...

I would like to point out that this is the outfit she was wearing when she deemed herself worthy of "What not to wear"

jayna said...

I missed you eBFF at the open house...ahem...don't make empty internet promises if you can't keep them...

Alright, I forgive you. That's the beauty of online relationships. Instant making-up.

Looks like a fun-filled UT adventure. All good, except for Will's expression in the picture w/ you... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly Cameron said...

I feel so cool that I made it to the 100th blog post. Yeah it's still only 2009..I've got another 3 years to go. I'm loving this!