.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

. . . and the butterflies fly away!

.
Remember the caterpillars that Grandma and Grandpa Izatt sent Clyde for his birthday a while back?
Well, they turned into cocoons and hatched!
(About a month ago - like I said, sporadic blogging).
Here's Chuck helping Clyde sign 'butterfly' after the first one emerged Clyde was very excited. Within a few days, all five of them had hatched and it was time to set them free: Clyde was pretty tentative around them - very content to just watch as Daddy did the holding. It was fun to watch each of them 'go' - a couple went straight up into the sky and over the roof, and a couple hung out around the flowers for a while. I decided that this is the ideal pet experience: very low maintenance, pretty, and they only stick around for a few days!

5 comments:

jayna said...

I can now enjoy this post without vomiting. Thank you modern therapy.

p.s. did you get my apologetic and affirming email? you have to let me know what day!

Melissa said...

What a fun experience!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Best present ever. Way to go Grandma and Grandpa Izatt.

mama izatt said...

I was hoping to see pictures of the butterflies...and I am glad they all hatched. I love Clyde's signing. I'll have to ask him to show me. Tell him I love him!

Leslie said...

It's hard to break the science teacher in me...I just hope they weren't an invasive species. :) But what a cool opportunity!