.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh, my Wilbur

Will is such a funny little guy. Sometimes I just watch him and wonder what exactly is going on inside his head. I'm definitely appreciative of the amusement and entertainment that he and Clyde provide - here are a few recent Wilbur stories:
.
A couple of weeks ago, my dear, dear best friends from high school Emily and Andrew came over. We've all ended up back in this area and are trying to get together more. Em brought her sweet 6 1/2 month old daugher Evie, and Will was immediately obsessed.
Ahhh! Will looks SO big next to Evie, what happened to my baby? This was our first inkling that something wasn't right. At first glance Will seemed to just want to hug Evie, but if you look more closely at his face, it's clear that his intentions were more sinister . . .
he wanted Emily all to himself! Poor Em had been holding Evie, and Will weaseled his way onto her lap instead. Doesn't he look so content though?
.
A few days later, I gave the little boys sandwiches for lunch and served Will's on an orange plastic plate. Will promptly ate his sandwich and then proceeded to see the world in a shade of orange:
The little goof walked around the house like this for probably fifteen minutes. Every so often he would lower the plate, look around and giggle, and then put it back up.
Simple entertainment, works for me!
I love the way his chubby little fingers are grasping the plate :).
.
Finally, one evening Clyde fell asleep on the couch while I was doing homework. At one point, Will noticed his playmate was out, so he walked over to the couch and hit Clyde (lightly) on the head a couple of times. I led Will away (Clyde stayed asleep) and said softly, "No, no, Will. No hitting." Will went back to playing for a bit, but a few minutes later I looked up to see this:

Will had sneaked up onto the couch next to a still-sleeping Clyde and was (without touching him) softly repeating, "No, no. No, no. No, no." I guess he got the message!

7 comments:

jayna said...

he's too adorable, as you already know per our discussion...and, how did the pics go? were you appropriately inappropriately ogled when you walked in the door all dolled up?

Leslie said...

Love the stories. I still think of Will as a baby, but he's clearly left that stage! We've got to get together more. I swear I saw you more when you lived in Boise.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

That was too funny!! Will and Evie must be meant for each other! I love reading your blogs, you are such an entertaining writer!! By the way, Will and Clyde are ADORABLE little boys. Like you didn't know that!

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I prefer to continue to look at the world through rose colored plates, but then Will is your son, so orange seems appropriate. What a sweet boy he is.

lazyizzy said...

CUTE!!

Oh Will

I love him

Sam and Terri said...

If only they had orange plates in the 70's. Thousands of adults,now in their 60's would be spared the LSD flashbacks and accelerated declining health but still could have had the same mind-expanding experiences.

Holly Cameron said...

oh willy boy! So cute! Those pics you have of him walking around with the orange plate on his face reminds me of ella.