.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I hope they call ME on a mission!

.. . . but mostly so that I can be on the receiving end of some of Chuck's awesome missionary packages. (Oh, wait, he'd be on the mission with me . . .)
.
(check out how awesome-ly I covered our address. I left a couple clues, in case someone REALLY wants to find us. I left Quinn's so that no one has an excuse not to write him a letter!)
.
We mailed these packages to Elder Braden a few weeks ago. Chuck loves to really get them secure in duct tape - the last time we did so, Quinn said that he and his companion were somewhat afraid they were picking up a bomb. The other box was the one that Clyde's birthday caterpillars came in, so we thought leaving the "Live insects: Open immediately" label would be humorous.
.
.
Ah, the contents of the packages, along with an entire huge pan of homemade brownies (carefully wrapped in wax paper and ziploc'd) and like a million pictures I finally remembered to have printed for Elder Braden. If we were super cool 'couponers', this would be the point where we would reveal the grand total for everything pictured was like $3.11, or that we were actually paid to take it all out of the store. But we're not, so I will not be disclosing the final expense :). Luckily Elder Braden is coming up on the 16 month mark, aka two-thirds, so we only have another eight months of package-sending eligibility and then he'll be back to eating all of our food directly from the kitchen!

6 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That's awesome! Isn't putting missionary packages together so much fun??! I LOVE it!!

Leslie said...

Keyan's excited to finally write to Quinn. :) Jana, if you'd really be happy with Swedish fish, salami, and Gold fish, I've clearly overestimated your culinary palette. :)

Helen said...

'Couponers' are over-rated. :)

Sam said...

Ah yes, I remember when you use to send me those glorious packages...oh wait :(

mama izatt said...

Thanks for the address...I was thinking it was time for us to send another package.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Don't worry Bob--I don't send him packages and I actually wrote to you more than I wrote to him. I'm pretty much the most pathetic missionary mom ever. I do and did write plenty of checks however, so I may be forgiven someday.