.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo humbug

Confession: I didn't take my children trick-or-treating this year. We didn't go to our ward's trunk-or-treat. There was no wearing of costumes.

Shocking, right? I do, actually, like Halloween quite a bit, but this year the little boys and I were content to stay home and pass out candy, since Chuck had to work and my mom was out of town and I was lazy/unambitious. Plus Clyde detested his lion costume; I managed to wrangle him into it once last week and he sobbed until I took it off.

So we stayed in and I caught up on some TV! Clyde watched me very carefully when the first few trick-or-treaters came and then decided to take over, much to the other children's dismay since he only gave them ONE piece of candy. After he closed the door each time, he signed 'friend', said 'one' and signed 'candy' - so cute!

We did embrace the Halloween spirit earlier in the day before Chuck went to work . . .

This was the first time Clyde had ever painted (sad, I know) and he loved it.

I painted Will's pumpkin (also notice Clyde's cool sweatshirt)

He got the hang of it pretty quick


I made poor Will wear that bib most of the day

Clyde helped Chuck clean out and organize the garage, and was delighted with a stage to dance on

I was SO proud when Chuck came out wearing black and orange . . . until he told me he hadn't done it on purpose.

This little Halloween outfit was 3-6 months, but I squeezed Will into it for a little bit :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

dont worry, we too were boo humbug. And we only got a grand total of 5 trick or treaters...and they were all relatives!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Cute little guys!!! If I would have known that you guys didn't have plans I would have invited you over to our family's party!!! Love ya!

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Cute little guys!!! If I would have known that you guys didn't have plans I would have invited you over to our family's party!!! Love ya!

mama izatt said...

Doesn't seem so Boo Humbug...seems like the boys had a great Halloween. Clyde makes a great little skeleton, the pumpkins are cute, and what can be more fun than handing out treats to the kids who knock at the door (that's what Courtney, George, and Mallory wanted to do. I think Grandpa was jealous that he didn't get to mess with the kids as they came up to the house as much as he usually does).

Melissa said...

I love the skeleton!

Sam said...

I don't think that its sad that clyde painted for the first time at age 2.15. Maybe if he didn't go to bed hungry for the first time, or someone told him that he was an orphan and that he was being shipped off to his aunt and uncles for the first time, that would be sad, but not painting...