.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Grandparents are . . . well, grand!

Although I had noticed on the calendar that today was Grandparent's Day, I didn't think too much of it until my thoughtful friend Jen did a post about it . . . so I'm copying her! I think grandparents are fabulous, mostly because they're as impressed and as infatuated with my children as I am! I am a strong believer in kids growing up with lots of support and love from extended families; I especially have really wonderful memories of lots of time spent with my mom's mom Carma Leila Hunter. Clyde and Will are lucky to have all four of their grandparents (and three great-grandparents) in their lives. Clyde and Will were actually named after their four great-grandfathers: Clyde Charles after my mom's dad Clyde Earl Hunter and Chuck's dad's dad Charles C Izatt and William Patrick after Chuck's mom's dad Edward William Thomas and my dad's dad J. Pat Braden. So, thank you grandparents - we appreciate what terrific parents you have been to Chuck and myself, and we're happy that you're awesome grandparents to our kids! Now for the pictures: Here's my mom, Pam, with Clyde when he was just a couple weeks old

Here's my dad, Cory with Clyde two days after he was born


This is Chuck's mom, Terri, with five-month-old Clyde

This is Chuck's dad, Dave, with three-month-old Will

Here's Grandma Thomas (Chuck's grandma) with three-month-old Will

This is my Grandma Braden with Will, again at three months


And finally, here's baby Will with my Grandpa Braden

Happy Grandparent's Day!



5 comments:

jayna said...

That is so great to have so many loved ones.

P.S. HOW CAN YOU TELL YOUR BABIES APART?! I kept trying to guess, and I was always wrong. So I suppose it's good you are their mother and not me.

mama izatt said...

If I had known how much fun grandchildren were I would of had them first! (I used to hate when people would say that to me...but now I know what they meant) It's easy to love grandchildren, and watching them being raised by wonderful parents is even better.

lazyizzy said...

WOW!!!

That is whole lotta!

lazyizzy said...

PS

Jana you are an incredibley sweet lady! You always are able to show your appreciation and are so very thoughtful

I love you!

Holly Cameron said...

Seriously. Clyde and will look like twiners. I remember when I thought they were for real. Now they look totally different, but still brothers. Cute. I like that they're all named after people. Love love love the name clyde.