.

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Birthday Ode to My Favorite Little Brother

(soon to be) Elder Quinn Hunter Braden

California San Fernando Valley Mission, Spanish-speaking

The other morning I had something in my eye and I figured the easiest thing to do would be to cry it out. So, what did I think about to produce the needed tears? My darling brother Quinn, who is leaving (next Wednesday! Ahhh!) to serve a two-year mission for our church. It's now after midnight, so his birthday (June 20th) is technically over, but I'm still counting this as his present!

Quinn and I are ridiculously similar, and despite our four and a half year age difference, we're pretty much best friends. I like to think that I had a hand in how awesome he's turned out, but most of the credit should go my mum, I guess. I'll take credit for his swearing habit (we're both mostly reformed), his crazy driving (although I'm better at not getting pulled over!) and his sensitivity (I may have treated him like the little sister I always wanted). Quinn is obviously not perfect, but I'm very, very impressed with his integrity, his willingness to serve, and his sweetness. . . and now, without further ado, here are some of my favorite pictures of Quinnerton (that I have on my computer . . .)


Chuck and Quinn right before Chuck's and my wedding reception. Can you tell it's Quinn's first time wearing a tux? (He's looking for the heat that Chuck is apparently packing).
Quinn came to the hospital right after his paper route and slept in the waiting room while I was in labor with Clyde; this was their first meeting less than an hour after Clyde was born. I love their uncle-nephew relationship; Clyde signs Quinn by pointing to his chest where the missionary tag will be, but Quinn says Clyde's pointing to his heart :)
Quinn loves soccer and has vowed that Clyde and Will (and future Izatt boys) will be varsity athletes in the sport. I got to be the treasurer of the Moms' Group during Quinn's senior year season and I loved watching him play!
Hanging out with baby Will - it's crazy to think that he'll be two when he sees Unky Quinn again! And yes, that's Quinn's nickname of choice, even though I've pointed out how it sounds like "yucky"
I love you, little buddy!

P.S. The crying plan didn't work to get the thing out of my eye, but it came out later in the day. Thanks for the concern I'm sure everyone felt.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

What a cute tribute to Quinn. I know he will be an awesome Missionary! Go get em Quinn!

Holly Cameron said...

I totally didn't recognize chuck in the first pic. I'm so glad you have cool siblings...or at least one. Jk jk.