.

Thursday, September 14, 2023

JULY 2020: part three, aka the end


More adorableness of Carma at her gymnastics class:




Insta caption: Carma showed up to her second gymnastics class this week entourage in tow- she reallllly wanted all her brothers to come watch, and after the number of choir/orchestra/soccer/football/tennis/basketball/Scout activities she has sat through... they owed her πŸ˜…. She ended up being the only wee gymnast there, so she had Mom and Dad and brothers’ full attention AND the teacher’s as well which is a dream come true for this performer πŸ’πŸ»‍♀️πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ€ΈπŸ»‍♀️. Pretty fun kickoff to our 2020 family staycation πŸ‘πŸ™ŒπŸΌ.





Such supportive brothers!

Northgate Reel in Boise started showing old school movies, so we hit up a couple. First, Napoleon Dynamite... we're all in agreement now that he was just an ahead of his time super cool high functioning kid with autism, right? ;)




I think there's a pancake under that Nutella and sprinkle combination....



Carma and I sneaked into the school to decorate for Brie's bday the next day!



The next afternoon it was time for movie number two:


insta caption: Yesterday Chuck insisted I pose with that weird metal contraption, promising it would make sense after today’s movie outing... and it does! Not sure how I never saw The Goonies back in the 80s but the situation has been remedied now and we basically had the theater to ourselves. Clyde and Will were on board to see this movie again, Jack laughed as hard as I’ve heard him laugh, and Carma apparently missed the 17 s-words {πŸ‘§πŸ»“I didn’t hear any bad words!”} so it was definitely a win πŸ™ŒπŸΌ.




I saw my dad's car! Which makes sense since we were in his general neighborhood :). I sent him this text which I'm sure was fun and not at all creepy ;).

Another swimming outing, this time at Lakeview:










Carma is pretty well taken care of... I feel like that's a nice way to say spoiled....

Probably the most exciting thing ever, we're related to Rigsby!!! He was thrilled. I'm a generation above him even though he's MUCH older than me, so he's technically 11th cousins with my kids. Jack and Carma are DELIGHTED to casually address him as "cuz".

Wellll isn't this just the truth.

We found this super cool mobile bike repairman who made a couple different stops at our house for various things. Carma made sure he wasn't lonely or bored during his work ;).

Random Marie Kondo appreciation - Chuck listened to a couple of her books, so then I listened to one with him and watched a few episodes of her show. She's just so kind and validating and smart and life-changing. Love her.


Chuck and two boys went mountain biking around Bogus. Jack loved it:

Will did not, hence the lack of pictures ;).

Insta caption: Quick shout out to the truck battery for giving us five solid years before peace-ing out Friday in the WinCo parking lot. Plan A for last week was camping at Sage Hen, alas tree damage led to them staying closed all summer. Plan B was Yellowstone, but Chuck and I had second thoughts and canceled a couple days prior... leading to Plan C, staycation week around home with movies and bike riding and swimming and ice cream. Watching Chuck macho-ly put the new battery in with his own tools while I munched on chocolate cinnamon bears, knowing the kids were high on air conditioning and screens at home, was loads preferable to being stuck on a random freeway, mountain, or national park in the freaking heat watching Chuck figure something out whilst trying to keep my children from harming one another πŸ˜…. Sooo yay for gut instincts aka bad vibes aka promptings and yay for chocolate cinnamon bears πŸ™ŒπŸΌ.



Jack continues to be our meat, steak, grilling go-to guy.

Delicious cookies supporting some cute girls!

Chuck and I ventured out late at night with shovels and gloves and trash bags...

as part of our efforts to rid out neighborhood path of goatheads.

The time came to say goodbye to my Asics...es.... iykyk.
Eight years of solid commitment to work out classes, running around the neighborhood back when I was in shape enough to do that, lots of random yard work and camping and such. Rest in peace.

Back to church but sitting far way from other people means let's bike in the July heat because no one should be able to smell our sweatiness!


This girl tho.



Could Jack be any cuter? I don't think so?


Could I be a bike helmet model? Maybe?

Speaking of modeling, not sure what kind of glittery gold makeup this is, but Carma was all sorts of efficient by applying it to her eyelids AND lips:

Warrior stance.



Insta caption: Amazing brunch date yesterday with the one and only Star to belatedly celebrate her birthday. Things to know about Star: she’s hilarious and the sweetest but also so feisty and can definitely stand up for herself. She is incredibly hardworking and genuine and I always feel better after I’ve been around her. I’ve known her for... just about twenty years? ... and I’m so grateful for her friendship and how we can just pick right up where we left off and sit in a booth and eat and talk for like three hours πŸ˜‚. Love you Star!!

I'm just soooo much a 2.

Schedules aligned for some evening walks with Andrew, always a win.

Favorite picture ever??
Instagram caption: Daddy-daughter tea party prep! Slightly nervous to face Chuck after I post this- he saw my phone out and was in the middle of saying “No pictures-“ but I scurried away before he could finish but I’m sure he was going to end it with ‘until after my makeup is done.” Love that he would be concerned about that, but who are we kidding? Eyelashes like his don’t even need mascara 😍. Prettiest Mrs. Nesbitt I ever did see πŸ€©πŸ‘’πŸ‘œπŸŒΈ



Insta caption: I wear a mask to protect fellow shoppers from second hand embarrassment πŸ˜·πŸ‘€πŸ˜³... although is that even a thing if mouthing along the words to “Sk8er Boi” VERY enthusiastically doesn’t actually embarrass me? πŸ€”πŸ˜…πŸ€ͺ I’ve been in Fred Meyer twice in the last week and heard it BOTH times which is funny because Fred Meyer is where I merrily traded $15 of babysitting and tutoring money half my life ago to buy that Avril Lavigne CD πŸ€©πŸ’ΈπŸ’ΏπŸ€˜πŸΌ. And don’t worry, not even a mask could deny bystanders the privilege of witnessing the occasional head bang throughout the song so there’s that 🀷🏻‍♀️. I mean... what more can I say? 😎


Literally love seeing church leaders outside of suits/ties/church settings:


This killed me though. Any time I'm lifting weights or doing any kind of strength training, know that my motivation is SOLELY being able to help Chuck carry something without taking a break every two seconds and seeing the disbelief in his eyes haha.

No comments: