.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

October 2k18 church stuff


As usual, we pulled out all sorts of tricks and excitement to keep the kids quiet and semi-engaged during General Conference. As is NOT usual, Chuck was home with us!! He was a great help when the announcement about switching to two-hour church in 2019 made Will cry haha (bless his little soul, he really loves primary!). 
Okay, so I bought those chunks of sand? rock? forever ago on clearance at Target and finally remembered about them and the kids had legit a swell time chiseling them down to find hidden 'gems' within. Cute!

Between Conference sessions Nerf battle at our house, always a good time:

... even when the rain started haha.

And then the rain realllllly came down... and it was time for conference again, so we shut it down:

 Okay, obviously Janell and I only held those nerf guns for the picture haha. Also I love the picture of Chuck and Lee - Nerf, it's what brings siblings together, even well into their 30s ;).

Don't worry, the elders had permission to participate. I may have asked them like twelve times to make sure. Also, Jason hahahaha:

The whole crew of participants! And a couple bystanders/sidewalk chalk artists :).

The elders had asked if they could watch the afternoon session with our family and obviously my first response was "absolutely not, there's a great deal of yelling and spirit disruption as I try to keep my dang kids quiet so I can hear from men and women of God about how to be more like Jesus and love others". Luckily Chuck took the phone call and told them "yes of course" and it turned out way awesome. My kids were blessedly somewhat quiet, one elder fell asleep, and they both loved the candy bowls haha.

 Ahhh the irony of using social media to recruit fellow attendees of a meeting where it turns out you're challenged to a ten day social media fast haha. 

Well, either before or after my ten days I grabbed these way cool screenshots:




Some spare time activities: Cub Scout pack meeting and a cute Halloween themed carnival the Scouts put on, Chuck spent most his time making jewelry with Sister Marsh and Sister Janes :).

Temple trip! Subbing has def cut into my temple attendance, insert allll the sad and crying emojis here.

 And then my ten days ended... and a couple more days went by... and then I hopped back on insta and fb. 

Pretty sure this breaks a rule, but I wanted a picture of Clyde up on the big screen! He was in the youth choir for stake conference:

 That evening the Scouts had a Court of Honor and we got to award all the merit badges these boys completed at Scout Camp, which was way fun! Chuck and I even got a couple patches for being leaders up there.

Ahhh I love this - miracles haven't ceased, angels still minister to the children of men as well. 

Not sure what I expected texting Sam and Quinn with this question of ethics. For the official record, I just ran away to the other foyer... so it could still technically be in the church building somewhere. Another year older and wiser.. and bigger and stronger.. too.

Carma, Jack, and Will had their primary program at church towards the end of October and Miss Overcast and Mrs. Keene sweetly accepted the invitation to come watch the boys, who were SO excited to have their teachers in the congregation. The sweetest!

Favorite six-year-old, favorite song to sing for ward choir.

 Ahhh the church has the perfect leaves: gorgeous and crunchy under your feet and I don't have to rake them :).

No comments: