.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

December: Christmas Eve aka 'hope you like store bought cookies'


December 24th fell on a Sunday this year so the children were persuaded dress accordingly. Have I mentioned that I miss the days when I was completely in charge of what they wore each week to church? I think with Carma that went out the window around the time she started nursery ;). 
Also, Chuck thinks I'm a yahoo for always posting sixteen versions of a picture instead of just the one  that turned out the best. But here's my thing: deleting pictures of my kids makes me sad haha and also, the 'outtakes' are such amazing insights into their little characters. Clyde's pasted on, never changing smile... Will's ability to look every stinking direction except the way of the camera, Jack's silent rebellion of stepping away from his designated spot, and Carma glancing up at various brothers, thrilled as punch to be included with them in anything!

The winner: 

Aaaaand a quick family shot!

Carma and I did double duty by heading over to Grandma Pam's church as well to support her in the ward choir. Carma loved seeing Sheila and her sweet mama.
Carma also loved the quick pitstop at Grandma's house on the way home to collect some gifts!

We spent the afternoon doing last minute prep as the kiddos each wrapped their presents to each other:

Christmas Eve officially commenced with dinner, the arrival of Grandma Pam, and using the Little People nativity to act out the story of Jesus Christ's birth as Chuck read it aloud from the scriptures.

Then we moved into the piano room... aka Carma's room... for a fun Christmas sing-a-long as Clyde and Will played for us! First year we've done this and it's definitely a keeper.

Few more pictures of the evening, including the cookies and milk and carrots for Santa and his crew. Pretty sweet Christmas Eve!

Ohhhh Will was in charge of leaving Santa a note. 
Died laughing at his clear disgust for our paltry offering of store bought cookies. I have it on good authority both Santa and Mrs. Claus will eat pretty much any cookie handed them, so I think we're fine ;).

No comments: