.

Sunday, January 28, 2018

April: the day we finally became real Nampans aka went to Jump Creek


Here's the deal: if you've never been to Jump Creek, you basically don't even live in Nampa. It's a cool trail/hiking area/waterfall a bit o' a drive away towards... Marsing?... and is a wayyyy popular spot to traipse around. Everyone has been there. Like, if I'm trying to facebook stalk someone who lives in Nampa and they have a somewhat common name, I scan each profile's pictures for one with a Jump Creek background. Then I know I got the right person. I'm not super sure how we managed to live in Nampa for almost nine years without EVER going there, but our time had run out. Basically our homeowners taxes were going to double if we didn't get out there pretty quick. The county was going to repossess our 2C license plates. Our local elementary school had plans to bar our children from admittance. 

Thus we had no choice: Jump Creek it was! 
We packed up the kiddos and a picnic dinner and headed out after school and day.

Right off the bat Jump Creek was out to win us over. I'm not super outdoorsy but man do I love some pretty looking rocks and greenery. I don't love them enough to learn what kind of rocks and greenery they are, but I will straight up take twenty pictures of them, no problem!

The hike/walk was pretty fun and nice and chill, which is definitely my style of hiking/walking. I was thrilled to look over these pictures when we got home and realize how photogenic we are as hikers/walkers. I don't know if Jump Creek has a tourism board or anything, but interested parties may feel free to contact us re: modeling contracts.

More action shots! Clyde especially was thrilled to scurry up and down and around, and I only worried about him breaking a bone like twelve times:

We found the waterfall! Suuuuper pretty. We hunkered down in this area for a while and ate our dinner and enjoyed the beautiful evening. 

Aaaand took some pictures! Because.



Okay, let's ignore the fact the faux pax of Jack wearing his hat during a prayer and me, um, taking a picture during a prayer BUT HOW CUTE IS JACK? His socks kill me. Sometimes Chuck and I try to help him put them on, but he assures us that he prefers them backwards.


Okay, I was mostly joking about us being rugged outdoorsy models, but then I found these next few and I'm back to being convinced that it might be our collective calling in life:
Will might be our best shot - look at that range! Prefer a more predictable, classic smile? He's got you covered, top left. You want to open up a little, give him some freedom to choose a pose? He'll hit you with the double peace signs, top right. Hood on? Got it. Hood off? He's your man.

Couple more group shots on the trail and at the waterfall:
 So glad we finally made it out there and are legit Nampans and had such a fun evening as a fam and that I have 98 pictures as evidence that I'm super outdoorsy and an avid hiker hahaha. Until next time Jump Creek!

No comments: