.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

March: spring! outside! sunshine! grass!


March 1st found myself and the wee ones outsiiiiide, hallelujah! We ventured out on bikes, played in the front yard, and curled up with a blanket when we remembered it was still technically winter ;).
These facial expressions kill me - so intense... and all in regards to a nutrigrain bar?? Girl's a nut. 

We headed to the zoo with Grandpa Pam on the first Saturday in March. First we met up in Boise and I handed off the kids while I went to the temple and they ran errands. Then we had a nice reunion amongst the goose droppings in Julia Davis park haha and headed into the zoo!
It was a bit chilly and most animals were wisely in the warmest/most hidden crevices of their respective areas, but we found a few furry and feathered friends to gaze upon and then hit up all the popular photo op areas. Also the giraffe slide:
 We looooove Grammy Pammy! Thanks for hanging out with us!

Okay, is it dorky OR cool that as I sorted pictures from Chuck's phone and then my phone, I realized we both took about fifteen pictures of these double rainbows one morning? Imma go with cool ;).
 Fun fact: if you're outside and Carma is outside she WILL harass you until you stick her up in the tree.

 Ohhh man we missed our front yard during those wretched winter months. Literally my favorite thing to yell is "GO outside!" (as opposed to "Brush, don't chew!" or "Shoes and socks on, NOW!" Those are just the things I yell most often, not my favorite things to yell. I can see how people would be confused.)
 I bet if people were asked to guess what my favorite article of clothing is, they would say athletic shorts or leggings or one of my many dresses or something orange. Honestly, it's that yellow sweatshirt. I want to be buried with it. < --- is that official enough? Do I need a notary or something?

Jackers was thrilled to dust off his wee bike and start ridin' again. Key word being 'wee' - Chuck and I realized pretty quick that it was looking a bit like a clown car situation and Jackers needed a bigger bike. JUST KIDDING, it was my dad that saw a picture and texted me a 'height/bike' chart haha!
 So then we dusted off this big boy bike from the hand-me-down-from-Will pile and it looked HUGE but it turns out Jack is also huge and after a couple spills took to it just fine! Insert allll the crying face emojis that my baby's all grown up!!!!!
 He was so excited and proud of himself and zoomed around pretty much every day.

 Have I mentioned all four kids on the trampoline is my favorite? Seriously considering family pictures out there one of these days - wouldn't that be so fun? 
One highlight of our March outdoors experience was adding one more thing to the every growing (get it?) list of things that Chuck and I can plant in the ground without killing immediately: tulips! We bought about a million from Costco and planted them both too shallow AND too close to each other and they popped up anyways! So pretty! And fun! Expect more pictures of them in April posts! We took more pictures of and pride in them than possibly our children for a while there!
(also: in the interest of honestly: the list is actually very short. We don't appear to be gardeners or arborists or farmers or like anything remotely resembling the like)

No comments: