.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

April: Church Stuff


We kicked off April with General Conference, and boyyyy were the kiddos thrilled to welcome back the candy bowls! Will made adorable, creative labels for each bowl, first with sticky notes and illustrations (primary, Book of Mormon, repent, and thank you) and then getting a bit fancier with beaded letters (beauty, family, love, and father):
We heavily relied on rotating activities to keep everyone somewhat quiet and reverent as we listened to talks. Stickers, beads, and coloring were hits...

but building structures with toothpicks and marshmallows was probably the fave, as usual:
We were thrilled to spend time outside between and after conference sessions. Carma wearing her hat and lying on the sidewalk to color is hilarious.

Also hilarious: Carma mostly folding her arms but also trying to do a spot of coloring during a closing prayer haha.

As always, so many things were said that I loved. Here's a roundup of a few that I stole from the internet:





Sunday evening after conference was a fun occasion: Andy's Eagle Court of Honor! One of my favorite things about my calling as Advancement Chair is watching these boys be honored and appreciated for their work, whether it's a merit badge or a rank advancement. 
It was a really fun evening and Andy totally caught me off guard by choosing to present me with the Eagle mentor pin. As I said in my fb post about it, "You're a superstar, Andy, it's been my pleasure to repeatedly push you off the cliff!! 🦅"

I cheated and instead of going to Ward Temple Night, I sneaked in earlier that afternoon by myself. I took the second picture after I left and I'm slightly obsessed with the depiction of the stormy skies and the beauty of the temple in the midst of it. 
Is there a more perfect visual representation of the storms of life and the peace that's available inside the temple?

Ugh, April meant saying good-bye to this beautiful girl and her family as they moved away. Braenna was such a fun part of the youth Sunday school class I taught a while back, and her cute brother Llyam is a sweetheart and Jodi and Tim are awesome as well - we were so bummed to see them go!

Our April Relief Society activity was a fun get to know you "mixer" - I sat everyone at tables and had random questions in a standing mixer that the women all answered and chatted. Every so often, I had some sisters rotate to a new table - all while we snacked on trail mix and Chex mix and other treats :). I neglected to take any pictures of the actual activity, but somehow I became the discard pile for everyone's name tags so I got a picture of that haha.

Pack meeting! Both boys got awards, and Will received his Wolf and moved onto Bears which meant I got a pin and a hug:
Then we moved into the gym for some PVC pipe rocket fun. Turns out some Cub Scout leaders are full of hot air, who knew? ;)
Temple date with so many awesome girls that we wouldn't all fit in a selfie!
JK, we woulda fit but Karlina's husband was there too so we recruited him as photographer. 

Chuck came home after meetings one Sunday morning and gathered the boys to ride their bikes back for church. We let Clyde and Will ride on their own on a pretty regular basis, but Jack isn't quiiiite ready to make that trek without an accompanying adult. Doesn't Jack's little thumbs up kill you?
Carma and I opted to travel by van. Carma also opted to be highly uncooperative when I was trying to take a cute picture of her cute dress and cute sandals and cute hair bow.

Couple Sundays represented here, including one where I cried REAL tears during sacrament meeting when Bishop Swenson announced their family would be moving to Texas in June for a job. Pretty sure at that moment I wasn't sure if I was more mad at Bishop, at Heavenly Father, or at Chuck for knowing for a few weeks and giving me ZERO heads up haha. Good news: if you tell Chuck something in confidence, it'll stay there!
So after church when various Izatt, Swenson, and Nelson children were running amok I lined up Hunter, Andrew, and Clyde for a picture. 

Also Raquel and I have an amazing tradition - when she wears bright lipstick, I get a kiss on the cheek haha! 

Aaaand now, please enjoy a few more random church thoughts I came across and saved throughout the month, starting with this President Hinckley quote:




and ending with this from a talk given by Sister Bingham. 

I sneaked over to the temple by myself later in April and found the only tulip display more impressive than our house - aren't these so gorgeous? 
And thus concludes random church-related stuff that occurred in April. 

No comments: