.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Funny Jackers


What better way to mark the occasion of my FOUR HUNDREDTH POST than by running through some of the most recent hilarity in our home provided by the one and only Jack??
(although, another good way to mark 400 posts - about five and a half years! - of blogging might be to actually get my motivation on and print it all out into blog books... everyone still use blurb for that?)

Sometimes Jack walks around the house with a witch hat on and the whole world in his mouth. I guess he got tired of it orbiting round and round him...

Caught red-shirted adding some helpful marks to Clyde's homework.
I like how he's looking down and to the side; clearly trying to figure out the best line to feed me about his innocence...

This day he was happy enough to leave Clyde's homework (on its antiquated "paper") alone and get some ipad time with Disney Junior:
Cute smile, right? The problem is that he knows it!!

Oh, this is from our lazy September days relaxing in the yard; he's blowing the grass out of his Croc:
It just made me laugh, what a mimic!

From another September day out front, this one watching Chuck mow the lawn...
and little Jack thinking this arrangement was totally legit and I was just going to start up the van and start drivin'. Sorry kiddo!

Jack is in that delightful stage (that ends loads before they turn 5 and 7, I can tell you that) where he loves helping out around the house. Usually he hands me things out of the dishwasher, but this day I wandered away for a minute only to return and find him taking the initiative of putting items away himself!
Of course, the silverware was unceremoniously dumped in the drawer and the plates (too high up for him to put away) were helpfully stuck back in the sink, haha. Whatever, he was willing and worked without complaint so I was happy!

And finally, Jack makes the best little valet/ladies' maid I could ever ask for. He is obsessed with my post-shower routine and helpfully hands me my toiletries - in order. And then he attempts to use them on himself :). I almost wish I used more products, because I think he gets a little bored of the 'deodorant, face moisturizer, foundation, eye liner, eye shadow, mascara' routine. Sometimes I do mix it up and comb my hair...
Would it be awful if Santa brought Jack travel-size deodorant?? I guess we'll find out next month!

Jack is such a ray of [gouging/stubborn/pinching] sunshine in our family, even when he wakes up at 5:30am demanding oatmeal. We love our Jackers!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Mine wake up demanding cream of wheat or "mush" as we call it around here. Thankfully they've been waking up around 7:30-8 lately, though. None of that 5:30 nonsense for us.

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

He is so darn cute!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your Jackers too!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Every time I've met Jack I've thought, "hey, I really like this kid." What a cutie! And when I saw that picture of him unloading the dishwasher I thought, "that looks a little like Clyde!" I hadn't really seen that similarity before.

jayna said...

He is so adorable. I want to see him pinching- is that wrong?

I guess we know Santa would buy him deodorant around here...