.

Friday, November 1, 2013

A[nother] can't-miss announcement


Sooo Chuck and I realized that thus far we're three for three on sweet,
darling, perfect (albeit slightly goofy) babies . . .


 so we might as well go for a FOURTH. (Yiiiikes).

Yep, I'm pregnant! To answer all your questions:

* I'll be 12 weeks along on Sunday

* Official due date is May 18th (my doctor's birthday!)

* C-section will be sometime the week before that

* I feel wretched, but I'm putting a lot of faith into the magical first trimester mark on Sunday equaling me feeling fabulous again. Everyone cross your fingers! My poor existing children are especially hopeful that their mama gets her groove back. Not that showing up late to school every morning isn't fun, right?? 

* Chuck and I are trying to prepare ourselves for the possibility of a girl in case this ends up being one of those times Heavenly Father decides to demonstrate his sense of humor :). 

* Clyde and Will are both quite sure they're getting a sister. Jack adorably points to my belly when asked where the baby is, but he really has no idea that his little Jack-centered world is going to be rocked next spring. Jack is one of those children that was born to be a youngest child, which is precisely why he shouldn't be, haha.

Here are some pictures of the boys that we took to share the news with our families a few weeks ago - we made Jack's little shirt to match the ones that the older boys already had:
And that's our news! Sorry for the complete lack of blogging lately (also, emailing, texting, phone call returns, social interaction, etc). In between me hiding from the nausea underneath my covers, we had a fun October so the last two months will for sure be chronicled on the blog sometime soon!!

16 comments:

Rachel Lloyd said...

Congratulations Janna! That is so exciting! Yay for the babies coming into this family.

Jamie said...

You are insane! I hope it's a girl; that gender seriously needs some representation in your house!!

Well, congratulations, woman!! (You kinda make me want to have another baby just to see if I can handle the challenge as well as you-- but not that much.)

<3

Ginger said...

I KNEW something was up when you hadn't blogged in so long! Congrats, Jana! I hope it's a boy, but I'll still like her if it's a girl. ;)

jayna said...

I gotta say this is the LEAST shocking announcement of all time!

Why stop when you have such a good thing going? CONGRATULATIONS!!

If my own experience is any guide, three of one equals one of the other- time will tell! It's very exciting. And the good news is I speak from the know: It really doesn't matter. Babies are babies are babies. And they are LOVE.

So happy for you guys!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Yay for #4! I'm fairly certain that it's a boy, but I'll be stoked either way!

Liz said...

Wow! Congratulations! So happy for you!

Sherry said...

Congrats! Boy or girl, I'm sure he/she will have a lot of fun in your family. And fingers crossed for the end of morning sickness!

Maren said...

Congratulations some more! I'm terribly excited to find out what it is! And terribly glad that it is not me dealing with a pregnancy. ;)

Holly Cameron said...

Oh I'm just so excited for you guys. Seriously. I can't get enough! Jack...haha. Born to be the youngest child. That cracked me up! You guys are going to be amazing with 4 kids. Hopefully a girl. Ella needs a girl to hang with when she comes to visit. But also. She might need boys in her life to toughen her up. Anyway..clearly I'm being selfish. Ahhh I love you. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!

Stoddard Family said...

Congratulations. Such exciting news. I am rooting for a girl. Your adorable boys need a little sister to protect.

Kiley said...

yay! congratulations!!!! You're the best mom, your future child is so lucky!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

congrats! i really hope you do get a girl! they are so much harder but i just love having a little girl around! they're the best! hope you get to feeling better soon! it's always closer to 20 weeks or me (seriously, who feels better at 12??!?). but i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Missy08 said...

Congrats hoping u get a girl

jayna said...

I will blog as you wish my dear lady. Anything for the expectant mother, I like to say....
Hope you are feeling better soon! Was the firs trimester end as magical as you'd hoped?? Don't listen to the people who say that being sick is a sign of a girl- I barfed my guts out equally with both.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Also Jana, if you keep thinking along the lines of that first sentence, you might be having babies forever...I hear that some doctors will delivery #12 for free :)

Just Jaime said...

Congrats!!! Excited for you and hoping you feel better soon!