.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Clyde is SEVEN!


[Ahhh, I thought I was totally cool with Clyde being seven, but as I typed it out as the title to this post I kind of started freaking out.]
So, our Clyde Monster is 7 today! Remember when he was born??
 I do, albeit only vaguely... seven years and two more kids will do that to you. But wasn't he just the cutest little thing? 
[Quick poll: who has aged more in the last seven years: Clyde or his parents? HOLY moly, Chuck and I look young! I promise we were a (fairly) respectable 25 and 21 at that point...]

And he's managed to stay just as cute as he's grown up - 
 pictured here around his first, second, third, and fourth birthdays.

  And now he's a darling seven-year-old. He's grown and matured an incredible amount over the last year - here's a side by side with his first day of school pictures from last August and this August:
I think that's partially why this birthday doesn't seem as jarring to me - and maybe because we've been pretending he's been seven for a few months now (our go-to admonishment is "Clyde, are you acting like a seven-year-old right now?" Poor kid; if he was sassier he'd have responded, "Nope, but it's probably because I'm not!").

Such is the life of an oldest child, I guess - having to grow up more quickly and always having more expected of you. And [most of the time!] Clyde rises to the occasion.
 He is such a good brother to Will and Jack; he loves them and plays with them and protects them and it's so wonderful to watch. Clyde and Will are "best brothers" and I never get tired of watching them happily interact.

Clyde is such a joy in our lives. He's earnest and spiritual and sooo smart (sometimes too much for his own good...) and active and snuggly and affectionate and thoughtful and we love him buckets and buckets! 

Happy birthday Clyde!!

6 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

Happy birthday to one of my favorite little people in the world. He is indeed sweet, kind, generous, loving, cuter than cute and scary smart. I love him immensely.

Holly Cameron said...

Ohhhh clyde! Happy birthday buddy. He seriously has grown up so much since last year! What a fun kid!

Rachel Lloyd said...

Happy birthday Clyde! You have changed so much. I really think it might be more than Clyde ;)

jayna said...

I'll never forget seeing that cutest baby boy for the first time! Your mom was watching him at stake conference back in the east end. I can't believe he's seven! Happy birthday to your wonderful son!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Happy Birthday Clyde Monster! My favorite memories of Clyde are the "epic" easter egg hunt when he was like 3 and when we went on a walk and he was an ATTE walker :) And endless "seeking and finding".

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

What a cutie! I can't believe you have a 7 year old either ;)