.

Friday, September 20, 2013

blog TO DO list (once I've emerged from this blogging slump...)


Okay, well, it's pretty clear that I'm incapable of writing out some of the blog posts that I ought to, so instead - in an effort to keep me accountable and pique some interest... or eliminate any interest that might have existed, haha - here's the rundown of a few things that probably/most likely/pretty sure will be blogged about soon:

1. Recap of Clyde's birthday celebrations! Like how the only present he got to open that morning before church was the oh-so-rare in our household SUGARY cereal, woooo! (Well, I'm sure there's plenty of sugar in the Honey Nut Cheerios we consume daily, but I feel like it's a little more subtle, ya know?) The birthday boy happily shared his spoils and both boxes were gone by the following afternoon, haha.

 2. Oh, nothing much here, just a little foray into sewing - because I'm domestic like that. As part of my new calling in Relief Society, I get to head up our craft Super Saturday in October, so I thought a fun activity would be making little superhero capes and aprons out of cut up pillowcases. These are the prototypes I made for my two oldest children. (Jack will get one too, although I might made him an apron first. He really needs one). They're hand-sewn because I've never used a sewing machine in my life, and they're pretty awesomely not cut straight and all that because that's how I roll. Crookedly.

3. Jack ate a Jr. Jack from Jack in the Box! Little cannibal.  (Okay, this one might not be blogged about further; I just thought it warranted some documentation).

4. Chuck spent six days (split between two weeks) in the mountains attending an intense Scout training called Wood Badge! He and Dan headed up as skeptics and came down as believers. I wish they had their hats on for this picture...

5. Soccer season started so we've been heading out to watch Clyde play each Saturday. Also, my kids are goofs.

 6. Our dry, dry, valley has been blessed with some random/intense rainstorms over the last couple of weeks and it's just so pretty that I have to take loads of pictures.

 7. School! The boys love it; I love it; we're all happy. I've been able to spend a couple hours in each of their classrooms every week, which is such a great experience. I know the time will come all too soon that the boys inch away from me, so I'm happy to indulge them when they hold my hand and ask me to stay longer for lunch and recess :).

Okay, well now I feel a little more motivated to follow up and blog more... someday, haha.

7 comments:

jayna said...

Um, this counts as blogging. In my opinion. Sometimes a quick recap can stand alone. Especially with jack's hamburger consumption! Cute boys, the lot!

Helen said...

Yay! Love the quick recap of your cute family.

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

Now you have an awesome weekend to blog about too!

david said...

I've been in a blog slump of my own, but trying to break out of it now. I have plenty of ideas that I email to myself; I just don't transfer them to the blog

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

Lovely recap 😊 and can we get together soon? This once every couple of years thing isn't working for me 😉 thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Love you!

Holly Cameron said...

K so cute. Jr jack. The picture after the rain storm is a beaut. And your kids are obviously adorable. Yay for soccer. Wish I could come watch!

Holly Cameron said...

K so cute. Jr jack. The picture after the rain storm is a beaut. And your kids are obviously adorable. Yay for soccer. Wish I could come watch!