.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Snow Much Fun (part two)

Once upon a time, there was a darling little boy who had three things: a shiny new orange sled (courtesy of his school jog-a-thon back in October), a ridiculous amount of snow outside (courtesy of, you know, the weather system), and a lazy/weaksauce mom who prefers not to actually touch snow (probably courtesy of childhood whitewashing trauma at the hands of one of her brothers; I don't have any specific recollection but I think we can all agree it probably happened).


Luckily, that same boy also had a very, very nice daddy who took said boy and his brother out sledding! Twice! And took the camera! And used the camera! For pictures AND video!
There's a lovely park near our house that had the perfect hill for sledding (thanks to the Walkers for the tip!) and the boys had sooo much fun both times.


As I said, Chuck recorded lots of their runs down the hill, so I took the liberty of compiling my favorite clips into a video. I'll take this opportunity to address a few questions that will undoubtedly arise during the viewing:
  1. Yes, the waistband of Clyde's jeans needed a slight adjustment, although I think he did pretty well keeping them up as he ran down the hill to chase Will.
  2. Yes, Will narrating his imminent trip down with his daddy IS the cutest thing ever. Also, he talks that much basically all the time; it's hard to remember when he needed speech therapy!
  3. Yes, we did check Clyde for whiplash after Will's helpful push-start...
  4. Yes, the "Oh, he just got up by hisself" line is ACTUALLY the cutest thing ever. Disregard #2 above.
  5. Yes, I have trained my children exceedingly well such that Will actually interrupted himself to say 'Smile' when he thought Chuck was trying to take a picture.
  6. Yes, Chuck did ask a complete stranger to make the video of him taking Clyde down the hill.
  7. Yes, Chuck and Will did almost take Clyde completely out when they went down the hill.

Okay, I think you're prepped. Here's the video:

So fun, right? Jack and I are even considering venturing out with them next year...

3 comments:

Maren said...

I am laughing so hard! Gasping and tears!
The first picture of a bummed out Clyde is so hilarious. Fabulous start to a post.
THEN I went and watched the video. No words! Too fun, too cute. I about died when Will did the Smile bit. (I had to watch it a second time for that!) And that last shot, of that landing? I busted out laughing SO hard! And *then* I thought to wonder if he was okay. 'Cause I'm a good mom like that. Ask my kids what my first response is when they biff it. Or maybe don't.
Happy start to my day!

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

love it! looks like a blast!

DeArley said...

What a great job on editing the videos. I'm with Maren such fun. I may have to go get this Grandma a sled. :)