.

Monday, February 11, 2013

what I've been doing lately instead of blogging


1. cursing February and all of its germy nastiness. 
Pretty sure that between the three boys we've gone through like 12 boxes of Kleenex in the last two weeks. Gross. And it turns out my patience levels decrease as the snot and sick/whiny levels increase, soooo let's just say no one's been in top form around here. Blessedly Clyde and Will seem to be over it all and I can send them to school guilt-free, but poor Jack is still a congested, coughing mess. Bleh.

2. backing up pictures!!!! 
Once upon a time, I kept up on this pretty well, stopping every couple of months to back up all of my pictures on the hard drive and also onto CD's buuuut for some reason I let ALL OF 2012 (and the last bit of 2011) go by without doing it at all. Picasa has been kind of sketchy a couple times lately when I import pictures, and last week it scared me enough that I bumped this ridiculous project to the top of the priority list. It's time consuming because I [finally] make myself go through and delete all of the 'unnecessary' pictures - blurry, super unflattering, duplicates, etc and I can only go through about fifty pictures before my (self-diagnosed) ADD kicks in and I have to check twitter or go get a snack.

3. running... well, jogging :).
I do love February for being warmer than January (granted, not a hard task). The Race for the Cure is celebrating its 15th anniversary by offering a special on registration ($15 instead of $25, ends February 15th) and I'm excited to run this 5k for a third year. To make sure I can do it, Paulina and I have started running four nights a week, woooo! It's been awesome so far, mostly hanging out with Paulina, not as much the actual running...

4. watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries (modern adaption of Pride and Prejudice told via YouTube videos).
I know I have a long history of getting addicted to shows and then having those shows suddenly get suuuuper dumb (aka Glee, which I had to abandon early third season - didn't everyone??) or suuuuper depressing (aka Downton Abbey, which I actually haven't watched at all this season because I read spoilers and decided I didn't want to spend my Sunday nights sobbing when I can just wait and spend one emotional weekend watching them all back to back...) BUT I feel confident that my questionable track record will find its vindication here. It's just so, so good.

5. pondering some craft-y type projects around the house. 
Nothing too daunting (I know my own creative limits), just updating a wooden sign with paint and a new saying and also making temple pictures for the boys' rooms,which might involve me using modpodge for the first time.

But anyways, my plan is to finish with the pictures in the next day or two and then productively produce a plethora of pithy (is that a good thing??) posts. We'll see what happens - is it spring yet?

3 comments:

jayna said...

Hope that cute boy is feeling better soon!

Where do I find Lizzie Bennett?

And sadly I feel us growing apart lately...it must be all of the jogging you're doing. I really just can't condone it.

Maren said...

ACK! I *finally* bite the bullet and decide I can let myself watch Downton Abbey (which I've always been interested in, but you've been such a promoter of the show)and NOW I find out that I'm in for a crappy haul???

I am, however, over it already, because that last paragraph was so beautifully alliterative. (Is that a word?) Pure happiness. :)

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i'm sorry you've been so sick! can't wait to see your crafts when they are done!!