.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Remember January? Me neither.


I think I've repressed the memories of January, since mostly they revolve around snow and single-digit temperatures. Yech.

BUT a quick perusal of my Picasa photos reminded me that we had some January adventures that were fun and neat and important and blog-worthy.
 
Starting with a super cheesy/sweet experience at the post office: I like to send out 'happy new year!' cards in early/mid-January... for a variety of reasons, including (but not limited to) laziness, December is busy, I like to stand out and apart from all the other cards you get, etc. So one January afternoon found us at the post office buying stamps and dropping off a big stack of letters. Clyde and Will were both very intrigued by this whole process and kept reading off the names and addresses and such and asked eagerly if they could help put the stamped envelopes in the chute.
And thus began the cutest/longest/least efficient assembly line ever: I stamped the envelopes, and they took turns putting them in the slot...one at a time :). By this point, the two post office employees and a handful of fellow customers had all commented on the boys' enthusiasm and general adorableness and it was such a good reminder to me about the importance of having fun and happy and silly and letting my boys be boys and enjoying the simple things in life and all that jazz.


 My dad came over for a Sunday afternoon visit in mid January:
 Will was intent on pretending he was a baby, and Grandpa indulged him by playing along and rocking him and such; it was adorable :).


 My friend Madi's little girl Leikyn turned ONE and Madi put together such a cute party for her:
 Everything was darling, especially the birthday girl herself! And of course I love any excuse to see my Holly.


 The last Sunday in January found us gathered over at Grandma Pam's for a visit. The little boys and Cody found a bunch of those little 'frog' toys (you know, you flip them inside out and then they pop up into the air after a few seconds?) that the missionaries had left behind and thus began all sorts of amusement:
 I love the looks of nervous anticipation on Clyde and Will's faces as they wait for it to pop up!!

 The primary purpose for this specific gathering was so that Chuck (and wonderful Brother Farnsworth!!) could give my mom a blessing prior to her surgery the next morning. The little boys were very sweet in their goodbyes and good lucks to Grandma Pam before we left :).

 And happily the surgery went very well! It was something about my mom's parathyroid not working... or being too large... or something, and so they took it out by way of her neck. Yikes! The staff at St. Luke's Meridian took excellent care of her and she enjoyed her overnight stay as much as a post-op patient can!


Finally, January wrapped up on a fun note as my little Cub Scouts got to have an amazing tour of one of our local fire stations! The Pack did this last January as well, but I was out on maternity leave so I missed it, so I was extra excited for this year's tour.
 The firefighters were SO patient and accommodating and fun and interesting and the boys had a great time. And I have a very nice picture and thank you note for them that I have every intention of dropping off there before February is over...

3 comments:

jayna said...

Hope your mom is feeling better!

And I think Will is onto something..,the more I go through life, the more I want to go back to being a baby too!

Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of adventures!!

Tami P said...

That's so great that you have your boys help you do things like send out the mail, no matter how long it may take. I hope I have the patience to do that with my kids.