.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh, what did we do in the summertime?

My last semester of school starts tomorrow. I'm a little bit in denial, because A) it seems to be good to be true that I am almost a college graduate and B) I don't want to face the fact that the next sixteen weeks of my life will be spent doing schoolwork. Yuck. So instead I'm going to re-live some of the fun summer moments and activities that have yet to make it on the blog:
* Art projects! Will has finally learned to color with crayons (as opposed to just eating them, which he still does on occasion) and we even broke out the paint a few times. Our recent endeavors were cards for the August birthday kids in our extended family: Terri, George, Grandma Pam, and Sam.




* Sunday evening visitors! My dad and my brother Cody ventured over for a fun visit; the little boys played and wrestled and watched shows on Hulu with Uncle Cody and after finding out that my dad had never seen any of my scrapbooks I quickly sought to remedy the situation by making him look through all of them!



* Clyde went to the dentist for the first time! Luckily Chuck had prepared him thoroughly and we watched an Elmo's World episode about the dentist that morning for good measure. We love our dentist's office (Dr. Widdison in Boise) and Clyde did really well and was more excited about his goody bag with a new toothbrush, sugar free gum and a travel sized toothpaste than I've seen him in a while :)




* Several afternoons were spent at Eagle Island. Once you get over the fact that it's not 'clean', chlorinated pool water and remind yourself that everyone can bathe when you get home, it's really fun! Clyde loved wading out as far as he could into the water; luckily Chuck was always right there to turn him around when it got too deep. Will was content to sit with me and throw rocks into the water :)


* Beating the heat - I decided to drag the boys' slide inside to the currently empty bonus room for midday entertainment when it's too hot to play outside. And yes, Will likes to carry around a medicine dropper.



* Lots o' bike rides! On the way home one day we came across a seriously flooded street; water was rapidly gurgling out of several spots by the sidewalk and in someone's yard. A neighbor was trying to get ahold of the water company, but I opted to call 911 instead and let them contact the water company. Within the few minutes it took the police officers/water guy to arrive, the poor yard was completely submerged. It was especially sad since I guess the elderly couple who live there put a lot of time and effort into their yard and gardens. I haven't been back to check out how everything dried out; I hope the damage wasn't too bad!






* Dinosaur run-ins: we had some time to burn in Boise one evening so we met Grandma Pam at the library and played in the children's section for a bit, where Grandma introduced Will to the dinosaurs, which he obviously loved :)


* More lazy Sunday evenings - the boys were driving me a little crazy one night while Chuck was at a church meeting so we went outside to wait him out. Clyde LOVES playing in the car, so I wasn't too surprised when he brought out his stool and climbed in. Naturally Will wanted in too, so I gave him a boost and enjoyed the glimpse into the future of when they're old enough to borrow the car; good luck picking up chicks in the station wagon, boys!








* My mom turned 55 (Jump and Jive at 55!) on August 13th, yay! I told her that I was taking her out for lunch the day before and then I sneakily arranged for some of her friends to meet us there too! I know, I'm good :). A few ladies couldn't make it, but we ended up with a respectable group of six of us: Bonnie, Mom, Jeanette, Leslie, me, and Janna (not pictured). On her actual birthday we 'hung out' at the park - notice the three swinging boys - and went swimming at the Natatorium with Mom's ward.
So now I guess I have no choice but to be ready for school to start again. Less than four months until I'm done - graduation is Friday, December 18th!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun summer! I love Clyde's ingenuity to get the stool and climb in.

Good luck at school today!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Glad you've had such a fun summer!! Good luck on your last semester!!

Leslie said...

What will you sing when school is out December 18th? "School's out for the SUMMER!" just doesn't have the same ring in December. I'm sure you'll make do. :)

Sam and Terri said...

I think it is kind of funny that Wilbur won't eat people food, but he likes to eat crayons and paint.

So I think you should make a paper chain to count down your final days of school. I would do this with Sam, but I don't think I could afford all that paper.

Holly Cameron said...

Cute! Seriously I'm obsessed with baby clyde and will! They are adorable.