.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Clyde is THREE!


Happy birthday to my darling, sweet Clyde Monster!
(Photos are all courtesy of a wonderful photo shoot a couple weeks ago with Aunt Melissa - http://wingsofblue.blogspot.com)
I officially have a three-year-old and I couldn't be more delighted. Clyde has brought Chuck and myself incredible joy since we found out we were expecting him. He is such a sweet, snuggly son and a protective, loving older brother for Will.
Clyde Monster stats:
Unofficial measurements: 30 lbs, 36 inches tall
Favorite colors: Purple, green
Favorite foods: Chocolate milk, fruit snacks, cheesy roll-ups (aka quesedillas), C-shaped pancakes, grilled cheese, and peanut butter & jelly & honey (yes, all three) sandwiches.
Favorite books: My big truck book, any and all ABC books, Clyde Monster (where his nickname comes from), I SPY books, CARS books, Bendon Bear and the animals books, etc!
Favorite movies: CARS, Robin Hood, Finding Nemo, Ghostbusters, Wall-E, Monsters Inc, Toy Story 1 & 2, Madagascar 1 & 2.
Favorite toys/activities: Swimming, slides, swings, pushing around his little wagon (usually packed with all his worldly treasures), his little Lightning McQueen diecast car, jumping off of things, helping Mom or Dad cook, cutting with scissors, writing outside with chalk, wrestling/running/playing with Will.
Funniest sayings:
"What you talking 'bout?"
"What you doin'?" (receives answer) "What you doin' next?" (receives answer) "Oh, what you doin' next?" (receives answer) "Oh, what you doin' next?" and so on ...
"Read this book with me!"
"I not can do that."
(as Will tries to climb on my lap): "No, just my mommy! Get off!"
He also says "me" instead of "my" so he always sounds like Lucky the Leprechaun: "Where me shirt? Where me book?"
The little boys and I watched Cinderella one night, and when they first showed the castle, Clyde shouted "Temple! The temple!"
One Sunday morning conversation:
Clyde: "Me not want to go to church."
Mommy: "Clyde, our family goes to church every week and you are part of our family."
Clyde: "I NOT part of you family!"
Yikes, I didn't think that would start until he was a teenager. :)
Clyde is the funniest little boy and I love him more than words can say.
Thanks for making me a mommy, little buddy - happy third birthday!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that little boy!

Connie and Brandon said...

Happy Birthday Clyde!!! The pictures are SO adorable. I love her work.

Missy08 said...

Cute pictures tell Clyde happy birthday from us.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

He sure is a cute little boy! Happy Birthday!!

Leslie said...

Happy birthday Clyde!

tvcadurfee said...

i loved it when curtis was 3. that was the fun year so far. it sounds like clyde might be in the middle of his fun year. thats great! happy birthday clyde!

Sam and Terri said...

Happy Birthday Clyde! I can not believe the little guy is already 3. I was looking at the pictures in the hospital on the day he was born and I just wanted to apologize for my outfit. I think the only thing worse than mine was Sam's.

Oh and P.S. you have done such a great job raising your two little boys that I am now ready to grant you permission to give me a niece.

Courtney said...

I love your little boy! I'm assuming we get to see all of you in a few weeks!

Lindsay said...

He is so adorable. Love the pictures! Happy Birthday Clyde!

Holly Cameron said...

What a little sweetie! He looks so much like Chuck in the second picture..but I see you in the first. What a cute, cute boy!