.

Monday, December 3, 2012

30 days hadth November...


but luckily for you, this post only hath eighteen pictures.

Here we go, the monthly recap of every photo-worthy (or not) event in our lives that didn't make it into a blog during the actual month:
Election Day 2012! The littler boys and I went to our local polling place first thing in the morning (right after we dropped Clyde off at school), mostly so I could post about it on facebook and peer pressure everyone on there to go vote.

Clyde accompanied Chuck after work that night. I think regardless of how you feel about the outcome of the presidential race (I, of course, was delighted) we can all agree on how adorable each of us Izatts 
 look sporting our "I voted" stickers! 
(Clyde scored one off of the election officials, Will's was a homemade leftover from Scouts, and Jack's was courtesy of the nice lady who voted ahead of us).


We were very excited in early November to find out that Clyde had been chosen as the 'Student of Honor' in his class that week.
He got a special certificate and his name announced over the loudspeaker each morning (that would have been my favorite part) and a picture with the principal (upper left) and a special lunch at the table of honor with his favorite daddy! His certificate read "For: Being an awesome reader, completing all work on time, improvement in hand writing, and helping others! (All around AWESOME!)" 
Yay Clyde Monster!


A group of friends from the ward had a Twilight party to celebrate the premiere of the final movie, and they were nice enough to invite me despite the fact that I've never read the books or seen the movies.
That didn't stop me from having an awesome time at the shindig though! Grace was an incredible hostess - super cool decorations, themed food, t-shirt making, a trivia game (I was in charge of handing out tickets for correct answers), and a 'sparkle station'.

All the party attendants - about half went out to the midnight premiere while the rest of us went home to bed. I think everyone was happy with the choice they made :).


 Chuck's co-worker/boss Roderick came over one Saturday to watch a BSU game with us and brought his two darling little girls:
 Clyde and Will had a blast showing off for Kobi and Rhianna :).


 We used the Boise Temple re-dedication in mid-November as an excuse for a road trip to Boise.
 Quick photo ops with Grandma Pam. I really love my mama.

And one of me and Chuck too!

 We stopped over at my dad's for a visit as well. We checked out Grandpa's fish, watched Clyde show off his crazy wrestling moves, counted to twenty in Spanish multiple times (Will's newest obsession) and laughed when after being asked what he wanted to talk to Grandpa about, Will responded, "Grandma Pam!"

 Had to have a quick photo op with my daddy too!


 I got to sneak away one evening for a super fun girls' night; we window shopped/actually shopped (I got a new cardigan! I'm like three away from being Mr. Rogers...) and had a nightcap of milkshakes at Shari's.
 I figured out that between the five of us, we have THIRTEEN children six and under, with two more (both boys!) expected in the next six weeks. Obviously girls' nights = sanity.


 We came back from our Elko Thanksgiving in time to overlap with Queden's Boise Thanksgiving, so we got together at our house for some pizza and college football.
Grandpa had his hands full with all four of his grandsons under one roof!
 
 My dad came bearing gifts for all of us - sweaters/jackets to keep us warm this winter. Here are Quinn and I sporting our new shirts. As usually happens when I pose with Quinn, he makes ridiculous faces until I laugh really hard and then he smiles normal and it looks like I'm the goober who can't smile nicely. I also like how warily Jack is looking at his namesake uncle, haha.


 Clyde hit an exciting milestone in his young life: having his hair be longer than its ever been, culminating in a bit of a rat tail in back!
 Okay, two milestones: he also lost his first tooth! It had been wiggly for a while until one afternoon recess at school a kid pushed Abel who fell onto Clyde who fell face-first onto the ground, resulting in some blood and some tears and A LOST TOOTH! The tooth fairy hooked him up with a crisp dollar bill, prompting some sort of pirate face. (Also, the haircut was taken care of this weekend).

 Our family Thanksgiving tree made its annual appearance this month:
 It was made entirely of boxes from the recycling pile, hence the various shades of cardboard. Chuck and I both took a step back this year and let Clyde put up most of the leaves, resulting in gems such as 'foxs' and 'boxs'. When I inquired what 'boxs' in particular he was thankful for, Clyde glanced around quickly before answering smugly, "The box in the playroom that holds all my weapons!" Touche, kid, touche.

 And thanks to Jack's prying fingers, most of the leaves were concentrated at the top of the tree. Less raking for me, hooray!

 Some other holiday-related craftiness - both boys came home from school with turkey headbands, which were adorable.


And finally, we wasted invested in local schools two whole dollars, but (spoiler alert) did NOT end up winning an obscene amount of money:
 but the lottery ticket has nonetheless found a home on the fridge! 

And that's it for November!

2 comments:

Maren said...

You hadst me at hadst!
And the detailing of the voting stickers is great, because I was actually wondering how both you and Jack had real stickers and Will only got a Scout one...

Emily said...

What a busy month lady! I have kind of loved my low key life these days, if you can call it that, I guess! I love all the pictures too. One year I'm going to adapt your Thanksgiving tree, I LOVE tht idea and have for years, but I've never done anything about it! It will be done next year though!