.

Saturday, June 10, 2023

April 2020: part ONE

Carma loved her morning Teams meeting with her teacher and classmates:


 


"dress up" days for online school ;).


Everybody had the same idea for an April Fool's joke this year:






Instagram caption: Current game: Carma and I are sisters, she is Isabella, age 12 and I’m Sarah, age 3. We also have three brothers in between us. Our parents have passed on and Isabella is bravely raising the rest of us. It’s almost time for my 4th birthday party but I’m taking a nap to prepare for the festivities (the nap part was my idea 😴). Isabella is a very kind sister/guardian who dances me to sleep and calls me honey 🧡.



Walk between general conference sessions.


Insta caption: Will and I have a new plan to go on walks together because it turns out staying inside all day snacking and not moving is not super great for physical or mental health, who knew. We discussed Will’s plan to drill to the center of the earth, take over the world, make every day April Fool’s Day, and play twice as many tricks on me and Chuck unless we paid him a gazillion dollars. Eventually Will assured me that the entire plan was a joke. But he also told me every day in April is April Fool’s Day so I’ve come to the conclusion that Will is not to be believed or trusted at all and also that walks are pretty fun.




More outside time between general conference sessions.


All the coronavirus/online school memes:






I kept doing birthday cards during distance learning, I emailed pictures of them to the students and promised to give them the hard copy whenever we were reunited. Loved getting sweet emails like this in response.

Checking out Jack's daily school work:

Apparently quarantine hair was a thing back in the 80s too?


Cody pulled up one day as the kids were biking to lunch so we had a fun visit:






Ice cream and popsicles just taste better on trampolines. I don't make the rules.








Instagram caption: I (shockingly) have nothing witty or profound to say... but this happy orange tulip brought some joy to me this evening and I thought I’d share. 🧡🦺🧶🦊🦁🍊🏀📙✴️🟠🔸🔶🟧


Insta caption: Jack and school get along extremely well🤩👏🏼💯🥰👍🏼. Jack and, uh, house arrest? Not so much👀🙃🆘🥴. The good news is his teachers are killin’ it at this whole distance teaching thing 💻 and Chuck is killin’ it at being Jack’s classmate as he distance learns ✏️ and Jack is killin’ it at being incredibly sweet and tender and brilliant and fun RIGHT when I’m teetering on the edge 😅.

Make up by Carma, of course.


I feel semi-confident that they were supposed to be working on school stuff...

Brainstorming some ideas for Jack... did I mention being stuck at home with us was rough for him?

Walmart run... allll the cereal:


Insta caption: This sucker got scammed out of his bike twice on tonight’s family ride. He started on his own mountain bike then gave in and traded Clyde for his smaller mountain bike. A mile later he caught up to Jack and stuck him on Clyde’s bike to test it out for size... a little big but Jack was sold and refused to switch back - - which leads us to this hottie cruisin’ down the green belt on his eight-year-old’s 20” BMX 👀😬🚲😂🙌🏼. He’s my favorite 🤩.


Somewhat socially distanced picnic in Grandma Pam's front yard:





                


More headlines, graphics, memes:









Some documentation of a Winco trip on April 11, 2020:




Easter breakfast:








Grace recruited me to take some Easter Sunday pictures of her family on their front lawn, so we had her come over and do the same for us:


Insta caption: I feel like in times of disaster we’re supposed to ration so I chose to hold back this Easter picture until today on purpose- it had nothing to do with my laziness 😉😉. Also this was the first Sunday we’ve worn nice clothes for home church... that’s definitely related to laziness 😅. I love Jesus and I love my family and I love that on uneven grass and whilst wearing shoes with a slight heel I can pretend to still be taller than Clyde. Happy Easter! Happy Tuesday! 🐣🌸🌼💐💛


















and then we took a million more for fun!

Easter egg hunting:








Easter dinner and working on a puzzle.


Monday - back to work!



Clyde... so resourceful:




We couldn't let this tradition fall by the covid wayside, so we just had them stand further apart than usual:

6th grade, 7th grade, 8th grade... Clyde's catching up!!




Girls night, coronavirus style... aka in a parking lot:


We even FaceTimed Nicole in because there was NEWS... aka we found out that James was going to join the yo-yo kids crew!!



We legit sat in that parking lot for like three hours. Love my girls.



Sweetest little journal entry ever.



More school work... right Clyde?

I miss my students!


This student is pretty cute though!




We sneaked a quick visit to Carma's good friend Ilana to deliver a birthday treat!



Corona crafting.


Instagram caption: My understanding of irony continues to be sketchy so I need some help here: is it ironic that I’m wearing this shirt and today was the day that wee Izatt children’s misbehavior led to me UNPLUGGING THE XBOX and relocating it to my closet for the time being? Not ironic? Just hilarious? 🤷🏻‍♀️😎👋🏼🎮😂😂😂

So wise.









We took a lot of walks. Carma danced through most of them.




it was a ... confusing time...

No comments: