.

Monday, March 13, 2023

January 2020: the rest


Grandma and Grandpa Izatt left after Christmas break with a parting gift... a Defy membership for the kids for the winter! We used it. A lot.


The kids jumped around and I scrolled through instagram. Win, win, win.

The chin hair tho (insert all the crying emojis)
 

This was on my actual birthday, so multiple children were coerced into cuddling up with me for selfies:




Chuck and I love nothing more than a good home improvement project. Jk. That is a lie. We haaate them.
Flowers from my dad for my birthday!
Selfie with Cody for my birthday!
Sometimes we forget about primary talks until we get to church... so Jack gets a handwritten talk that I come up with during sacrament meeting ;).
Instagram caption: Some Sundays Jack turns up in a suit. Yesterday he opted for black jeans and plaid. Gotta keep it fresh, right? Also, as you’re marking your calendars for Super Bowl Sunday on February 2nd, jot down ‘Baptism Saturday’ on the 1st. Football fan extraordinaire Jack could only be happier that these two holy events are the same weekend if his beloved Seahawks had made the cut πŸ˜”. Eight year old Jack is sweet and brilliant and pushes us to the edge regularly and looks darling in the process and we just love him!


We obviously also needed a Jack and Clark photo shoot. Cutest, silliest best friends ever!





Insta caption: Sometimes I realize one of my kids hasn’t made the ‘gram recently and then I remember counting the pictures on the piano growing up to determine which child was my moms favorite... so here’s a gratuitous shot of Carma June to even things up a bit. I think about my grandma a lot this time of year and I’m so so happy that we have this cute little namesake of hers around. ‘Carma’ was one of the best parts of my life when I was little and now the same thing is true again πŸ’•.


Teacher specific, but applicable to all school staff (and honestly anyone who spends time with kids or teenagers).




Pictures by and of Carma Junie.



No idea where she gets the penchant for random selfies...


Fun to see random moments in our lives.

K everyone thinks Clyde looks just like Chuck but I present these two school pictures side by side... I feel like there's some kind of resemblance??
Carma and Jack love life as long as they're together and with at least one parent at all times...




Insta caption: Perils of leaving your computer accessible around smart πŸ€“ (like going to the State Robotics competition smart🀩) girls- you come back to a new profile picture for your work account πŸ˜‚πŸ’•. 
P.S. Ashley Wyne remains brilliant and beautiful and I can't wait to see what she accomplishes in life.


Via instagram: Teasing Will is, quite possibly, the most fun thing ever. 
No video here, but just imagine a drive home where Will has to urgently use the restroom so Clyde and I (obviously) do everything we can to make him giggle and think about torrential downpours of rain. 


More Defy!
And a random stop at the library on a Saturday afternoon turns into trying something new to get out some energy and possible aggression ;).






Clyde and Will (obviously) loved the step up from their old pool noodle light saber battles!

Instagram caption: At church today we talked about how our ‘success’ doesn’t look like other people’s and doesn’t look the same every day. Today my success was legit just making it to church- an hour late πŸ˜…. And that’s okay. Imma choose to be proud of myself and take my medicine and be grateful that most days aren’t this challenging (ie the other three weeks of the month) and drink lots of water and eat a Nutella sandwich and keep on keepin’ on. I wouldn’t be mad at myself for having a sore throat - I would just feel a little sorry for myself and rest and do what I know will help me feel better. Mental health is the same plan yo. also in case the reincarnation thing turns out real, someone remind me to come back next time as not a girl #pmddsucks

Selfie from the stands at EVMS while we watch basketball!

Both of these are my favorite.


Rainy morning at the ol' crosswalk.
Instagram caption: What I think I do at work (look cool, promote peace, smile a lot) vs. what I actually do at work (look tired, promote walking in the hallways and playing more nicely at recess, repeat myself a lot)


Ya, that day I legit almost died. Slooow down everyone!

Fun mileage:


Ahhh, free babysitters. You get what you pay for ;).


Proof I did, indeed, have Carma with me.

Yepppp:


Cute sixth graders invited me to their math presentations - their brilliant teacher had them create scenarios and build projects using math in real life situations that the students were interested in. So awesome.


Can't believe Carma would want to sit with Clyde and the other middle schoolers instead of me.

With her bestie Ella.

Just hanging out on the hood of the Honda, why not?
Last day with Souza! I don't have a great track record for keeping co-workers around, but we wished him the best over at the high school where he's also the head softball coach!

And thus ended January!

No comments: