.

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

February 2020: everything else

Sure love my morning pictures of these two heading to school:

Cute siblings holding hands.

Cute siblings not holding hands:

Future blackmail material:


via Instagram: Umm did Jeff Foxworthy ever mention what level of redneck you are if you have Christmas lights up in February AND a truck parked in the front yard on the grass? And it’s been there since Saturday? 😅

Asking for a friend OBVIOUSLY 💁ðŸŧ‍♀️ðŸĪŠðŸ˜‚.

Student dignity is huge for me - humiliating a student or treating them like less than a person will neverrrr result in good things.




Next in our series of pictures students take on my phone.. Ella A. and Mackenzie H.



I don't remember why I took this picture of Jack at school pick up but he's cute.

Looks like I took a selfie as well! Shocking.




Carma and her best bud aka our neighbor Willow got all dolled up and that obviously necessitated a wee photo shoot. Love these two.



Oh hey more pictures from lunch recess:
Selfie of Suzy K.

and this cute one of Kenzie R. and Kat A.


Another selfie as I leave work for the day...

Cute Clyde heading to a church dance:

Jack was sure his tie was juuuust the right length ;). I concur.

via instagram: I told Carma she could put on “a little makeup” for church today. Apparently she drew the line (literally) along her jaw. Crown aside, am I right that she looks somewhat presidential? 👀😎ðŸĪĶðŸŧ‍♀️😂 #nofilter#noblending #noproblem

I also benefitted from Carma's skills with makeup and accessories:


this girlie is pretty fun.


Girls' night with 5/7, not too bad.


I literally go to work for the sunrises. And the kids. And a little bit the money. Also, caption via instagram: Happy love day!! I’m counting this sunrise as a valentine to all of us 🌅

Sneaked Carma in with me for a Relief Society thing at church. She stayed busy with activities in the hallway:



but was thrilled to see Grandma Pam and take pictures with her afterwards.




Cutest little heart.



deep thoughts via instagram:
..... but seriously, the circle trix were trash; the shapes make all the difference but WHY? File this under ‘things I ponder when procrastinating work, laundry, and (apparently) sleep’....

Jack made a (shockingly) Seahawks color scheme Valentines Day box:

selfie of Jacellia L... aka a student who kept me on my toes more than a lot of others. Definitely learned an incredible amount of empathy and flexibility and resolve to not take things personally and to celebrate the breakthroughs and progress when they come. 


Friendly reminder that I will never not be awkward when I get positive feedback or compliments of any kind ;)

Somehow Chuck and I got signed up to host a singles' activity on Valentine's Day. We had food... and did puzzles... and played games.

Amy, aka the best Valentine ever ;).

Carma helping me with birthday cards at school:

She took the color selecting process VERY seriously.

Also the next day at church she stole my engagement ring:


Cute little after church children!



Oh ya, there was no school for President's Day so I went to workout class. Yiiiikes.




Monopoly Deal, yo. Cutthroat around here.

Spanglish yiiiikes. I tried though!!

via instagram: Whelp, it happened... had to give my own kid lunch detention ðŸ˜ģ👀. {although, as I point out to the students frequently, I don’t actually give them detention... they earn detention... I just notify them of it 😅💁ðŸŧ‍♀️}. Will very responsibly showed up and copied down the detention essay and was the cutest detainee I’ve ever seen 😍. Obviously now my goal is to get Clyde into lunch detention before the end of the year...



Girlfriend miiiight have been a little tired...


We finally got our act together and took Will to the temple!



via instagram: Pretty perfect, lots of laughing (can’t take me anywhere 😅), sweet and spiritual. Lovely day for these two dolls to visit the temple and do baptisms for the first time ðŸĪðŸĪðŸĪ.

Loved getting to go with half cousin Ivy.

Brunch afterwards, learning the skill of loosening one's tie when the formal stuff is over ;).

Will is the funniest, silliest, sweetest boy and it was so fun to just have two parents and one kiddo and to share a place we love (the temple) and an activity we love (brunching) with him.


Another Sunday, another solid layer of foundation and eyeshadow for Carma June:


I mean, I want to say that I don't leave my phone unattended all that much at work but my photo roll says otherwise ;). Carolina T.,  Patiance P., and Alex C.

via instagram: Cute seventh grader and I were hair twins today (middle/side part, straight down) AND pink pants twins. Obviously a picture was necessary. 🐷🐙ðŸĶĐ🌷🌚ðŸŒļ🎀💕💞


Nothing like heading to bed after a long day to find two kids completely in the way...

Benefit of your mom working at your middle school... she can sneak you into the teacher's lounge for pizza during 7th period ;).

School selfie.

I love notes and artwork from students sooo much. 


Getting dangerously close to a milestone here:


Mom and Clyde date night...



to see Jordan Davis!





Super fun night... also a good reminder that we both dislike crowds haha.

Forget February... aka the staff party each year on the last day of February to celebrate that we made it through the worst of winter and cold weather and overcast skies. I look like I've been through it.


Oh hey, ya, just take up the entire KING sized bed kiddos. 


Leap year = an extra day of February (happy bday Uncle Randy) so we obviously spent it driving to Utah:











Clyde got to stay up and play games with the grown ups. 

Rest of the Utah trip is in the March 2020 blog which I'm slightly scared to revisit and recap, ya know, just the month that everything changed.

No comments: