.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

January 2020: I turned 35

 

Via instagram: Long con to throwing yourself a crazy fun eight hour bday party: get a job at a middle school๐Ÿ““, spend five months building relationships with 900 kids๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ (weirdly the easiest part), make sure the Friday before your birthday is ‘fun food Friday’ so kids are hopped up on takis and sugar๐Ÿญ๐Ÿซ๐ŸŒถ, make sure it’s also the Friday leading to a three day weekend (much love to Dr. King๐ŸคŽ), tell everyone to wear orange that day๐Ÿ‘˜๐Ÿฉณ๐Ÿฆบ, hype everyone up to the point that your boss apparently sends out a staff email reminder about it to everyone but you ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿ’ป, and then sit back and try not to cry fifteen times throughout the day ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜ญ๐ŸŽ‰ as cards and treats and hugs and orange-clad students and co-workers and multiple renditions of ‘happy birthday’ make you feel so so loved ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ”ถ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ”ธ๐ŸŸง. Best kickoff to 3️⃣5️⃣ ever ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก

Enjoy these 35... million... pictures from my bday celebration at work:
Will bringing me my first hot chocolate of the day...






followed soon by a second...

Crosswalk hugs and cards from my loves aka Ella and Hattie!


Third hot chocolate and lots of other gifts and cards waiting on my desk!

got called into a class only to find two big classes combined to sing to me and give me stacks of cards:


Chuck sent me this picture of the little kiddos participating by wearing orange to school...

cards:






Card from my Willy Boy!


Sweet card accompanied by cake pops!! from Alex.

Better picture of my beautiful flowers and plant from Ms. Tracy!!

Seeing two of my bosses down the hall wearing orange polos... the best.

The ERR class called me in to sing to me and give me cards and it was the SWEETEST. These kiddos mean so much to me!

Found this shirt the day before at Savers and made Clyde wear it haha.

So honored he stopped playing frisbee long enough to say hi to me..

and take a picture! Along with Will D. and Adrian, two of the sweetest boys ever.

Cutest card with the best inside joke from Aurora!


These cookies though. From Sawyer K, the best associate ever.

Ulisses wore orange which kiiiilled me.

Suzy very kindly informed me that she owned zero orange clothing but figured this red hoodie was close enough. Could I love Suzy more? Nope.

Hugs every day at the crosswalk from Claire and Tessa are even better with birthday wishes!

Can't believe I got Jacob to take a picture with me but I'm so glad he did.


Bday drinks.

Brie and Jules!!

The fact that this U of I alumni voluntarily wore orange is... pretty amazing. Thanks boss.

p.s. this is the email that Rigsby sent out to all the school staff (except me) that I finally got a copy of haha:




Jamie Tracy is probably the only staff member who loves dress up days more than me... she looked amazing in all of her orange and her customized hat (alll the crying emojis).

Hagan was also... thrilled... to participate in the birthday merriment.

 leaving work feeling pretty awesome and loved.

more cards:




Picture with Jack in his orange stripes when I got home!


Cute Will


Cute Clyde.

Few more cards:














Card from Clyde ;).

No comments: